The Experimental Study Group is the oldest of MIT's alternative learning communities. ;UROPs in ESG are focused on creating and developing teaching materials for the GIRs. In addition there are UROP opportunities for ESG students creating new seminars which are offered in the spring.
Students are also encouraged to do a UROP to do further research and develop ideas that pique their interest in class.
UROP for Credit:
Contact UROP coordinator: Dr. Holly Sweet, 24-612, x3-7786, firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Research Areas
- Dr. Peter Dourmashkin, 24-608, x8-8981, email@example.com
- Physics teaching
- Dr. Jeremy Orloff, 24-606, x4-0230, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math teaching
- Dr. Patricia Christie, 24-604, x4-1945, email@example.com
- Biology and chemistry teaching
- Prof. Alex Slocum, 3-445, x3-0012, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of ESG, mechanical engineering professor