Current Research: Student Profiles
UROP students make significant contributions to research at MIT. Highlights of some recent students' and their accomplishments are featured below.
UROP Student News
- Economics: Khizar Qureshi, a Summer 2015 Paul E. Gray (1954) Endowed Fund for UROP recipient, has submitted an article based on his research, "On an Empirical Analysis of the Kidney Allocation System," for publication in the Stanford Research Journal -SURJ.
- Biological Engineering: Undaunted by the unknown -Senior Katie Bodner thrives in synthetic biology, where guidelines are just being established.
- Biology: Elliot Akama-Garren named Rhodes Scholar
- MIT Energy Initiative: "Engrained in the culture": Undergraduate energy education at five years
- 8 of the "14 Incredibly Impressive Students At MIT" profiled by in Business Insider by MELISSA STANGER AND MELIA ROBINSON on DEC. 8, 2014, are/have been UROP participants
- Political Science: Undergrads get hands-on with diverse research projects
- Alum News: Lorna Ogolla Omondi wins Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Nuclear Science & Engineering:
The following videos profile the outstanding contributions of recent UROP students. Explore these videos to learn about the exciting research projects our students conduct. Read more about this video project in the MIT News article - Faces of UROP.