WikiConference North America is the annual conference of Wikimedia enthusiasts and volunteers from throughout North America, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. The 2019 conference will take place in Cambridge, Massachusetts, November 8-11. Join Wikipedia, -media, -data, and -cite enthusiasts for a long weekend of collaboration and discovery.
- Our main host is the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- This year's theme is reliability / credibility
- Participation in conference activities includes compliance with our friendly space policy.
View of Stata Center from Vassar street
- View the full schedule for more details and sessions. Details subject to change.
- Friday, November 8
- Culture Crawl Day - explore local museums and cultural institutions while editing Wikipedia and learning about Wikimedia projects
- Location: Museum of Fine Arts and Cultural institutions in downtown Boston and Cambridge
- Participants will visit local museums and cultural institutions for free backstage tours, edit-a-thons, and more.
- Training sessions around GLAM and Wikidata.
- Kickoff to our conference-long hackathon, challenging participants to ideate and come up with solutions for problems around information reliability.
- Friday night reception: Downtown Boston
- Saturday, Sunday, & Monday, November 9 - 10
- Three full days of presentations, panels, discussions, workshops and lightning talks
- Location: MIT's Stata Center, Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus; 32 Vassar Street, Cambridge MA 02139, link to map
- Participants will be able to join sessions on themes including credibility and reliability; education with Wikimedia projects; news and current events; citations and sourcing; relationship building & support; inclusion & diversity; editor recruitment and retention; tech & tools; and harassment, civility, & safety.
- Monday will feature a reliability summit and continuation of the hackathon, providing a deep-dive into issues surrounding reliability of information.
- Saturday: 9:00am-5:30pm; Sunday: 10:00am-5:00pm; Monday times to be announced.
- Saturday night reception: Cambridge