History Timeline: 2002-2003
- The Louis Kampf Writing Prize in Women's and Gender's Studies: Heather Fireman and Annemarie Sheets
- The Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Lectures on Women in the Developing World: Writer Gisele Pineau
- Program Director: Sally Haslanger (Fall 02) Elizabeth A. Wood (Spring 03)
- Program Coordinator: Emily Meghan Morrow Howe
- The Politics and Technology of Motherhood Series: Dr. Cynthia Cohen, Dr. Rosalind Barnett, MIT Prof. Lotte Bailyn, Political Scientist Mona Harrington, Vassar Prof. Mary Lyndon Shanley, Dr. Cynthia Cohen, and Harvard Prof. Andrea Gurmankin
- Panel Discussions with Musicians: Folk Singer Alix Dobkin, Singer June Millington, Bitch and Animal Music Band, and Actress Sharon Washington and screening of the film "Radical Harmonies"
- Women's Studies Faculty Retreat
- Dancing India, Univ. of Minnesota Prof. Ananya Chatterjea
- "Down the Dirt Road", Poet Talia Kingsburg
- African American Living History Performance Museum, Actress Vinie Burrows
- MIT Artist in Residence Concert by Peggy Seeger
- "Transgendered People Representing Themselves" Panel Discussion: Dr. Nape WasteWin, Stephen Whittle, and Filmmaker Christopher Lee
- "School Girls and Superheroes: Gender and Sexuality in Contemporary Japanese Animation" Discussion: BU Prof. Sarah Frederick, Director of Shoujoai Conferences Erica Friedman, Brandeis Univ. Prof. Kerey Luis
- "Classicism through Ventriloquisms: The Contested History of Odissi" Univ. of Minnesota Prof. Ananya Chatterjea
- "Korean Comfort Women" Dr. Kim Hwa-sun Halmoni and Dr. Ok Cha Soh
- "Through Women's Eyes: An Alternative American History" Univ. of Iowa Prof. Linda Kerber
- "Beyond Hollywood: The Cultural Politics of the South Asian Diasporic Cinema" Univ. of Minnesota Prof. Jigna Desai
- "Cinema and Global Violence" and "Mr. and Mrs. Iyer" Discussion, Filmmaker Aparna Sen
- "Rose McClendon: Black on the Great White Way" Actress Vinie Burrows
- "Politicizing the History of Asian-American Aesthetic in American Modern Dance" Univ. of Illinois Prof. Yutian Wong
- Film Screenings:
- "Magic Realism and African American Gothic Melodrama,"
- "Eve's Bayou"
- "Caveman's Valentine"
- Reports to the President 2002-2003