Two Courses this afternoon
This half-day period combines two courses originally
scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday, 14 and 16 January.
IAP WinAthena Introduction
This half- course presents an overview of the MIT
Windows 2000 Domain for end users, covering
installation, configuration, file systems, services and
software, all presented from the user's perspective.
Interested attendees might come from users of machines
in current WinAthena containers, prospective container
administrators and students. It is a hands-on activity
using high-speed machines in the latest IS cluster.
- Installing and configuring a WinAthena machine: RIS
- Choosing your container: push vs. pull
- Using AFS on Win2k
- Using Moira on Win2k
- Setting group memberships
- Using shortcuts
- Optimizing your login time and managing your
- The software and services a WinAthena machine
- Installing personally owned software
IAP WinAthena Advanced
This half-course presents an in-depth view of the
MIT Windows 2000 domain for Win Domain container
administrators, covering AD, Group Policy, installation,
configuration, file systems, services, software, and
application deployment. Interested attendees might come
from administrators of machines in current WinAthena
containers, prospective container admins and students.
It is a hands-on activity using high-speed machines in
the latest IS cluster. Topics include:
- Quick MIT Windows 2000 Domain overview
- Using Group Policies to manage your machines
- Using Group Policies to distribute software
- Creating a simple MSI package, or creating an MSI
Contact: Sarah Hickok, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: Information Systems
For further information contact email@example.com.