||Why do you want Wockets?
Here are some of the things we envision that people might use Wockets for:
What would you do with Wockets? Send us an email.
- Creating low cost motion monitors that provide-real time data to pones
- Gathering data on how and when people are getting physical activity for health health research
- Writing innovative computer games that respond to body movement, especially movement that occurs during everyday life
- Gathering information on how restless someone is during sleeping.
- Compiling information about how someone spends time during the day, which might be used for new time management applications.
- Detecting human movement to add an interactive element to visual or performance art.
- Triggering applications that run on mobile phones when objects in a house are moved or manipulated (if a Wocket is stuck on the object).
- Setting up your phone so that it only interrupts you with calls or information at convenient times.
- Allowing control of applications on the mobile phone using gesturing, rather than complicated menus.
- Real-time and automatic blogging of your activities for your friends or family.