Founded in 1993, the MIT women’s water polo is a club team competing in the North Atlantic Division of the Collegiate Water Polo Association. Our team includes both undergraduates and graduates who bring their skill and energy to the pool. To learn more – explore our site or contact us!
Practice Schedule + Scrimmage
September 13, 2013
Welcome, Class of 2017!
We hope everyone has had a great summer and is ready for an awesome year! We're actively looking for new players. Whether you’ve played since birth or have never touched a water polo ball in your life, club water polo is a great way to get fit and have fun! Feel free to drop up practice at the Zesiger Center on Mondays (8:30pm-10:00pm) and Thursdays (7:30pm-9:00pm) or shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you tonight!
Practice Schedule + Scrimmage
February 13, 2013
We have scheduled our first scrimmage of the season! We will have a scrimmage against Wellesley next Wednesday, February 20 at MIT. The scrimmage will be at the Z center and will start at 7pm. Please be on time so we can warm up and get started ASAP! Please note on the spreadsheet if you can come!
We will also have practice tonight at 7pm, but we WILL NOT have practice tomorrow. The schedule for the semester can be viewed on the team calendar (see Schedule tab).
Water Polo Updates
February 8, 2013
Congratulations on a great first week of practice! It was awesome seeing new and old faces and catching up with everyone. There will be a ton of updates coming out over the next few weeks, but there are a few things that need to be taken care of now.
1. Tournaments! Our first tournament will be March 2-3 and I need to reserve hotel rooms! Please fill out the Google spreadsheet so I know how many rooms to reserve!
2. Tank tops! I need to order tank tops ASAP so they will get here before the end of season! I know it's a little strange to think of sleeveless shirts in weather like this, but you'll be glad you have one when the weather gets warmer. The sheet for the apparel can be found here.
3. Practices will be Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at the Z Center pool. Monday and Wednesday will be from 7-9pm and Thursday will be from 7-830pm.
4. Scrimmage! I am trying to schedule a scrimmage with Wellesley. The plan right now is for Wellesley to come to us and the scrimmage will be during one of our regular practice times. This will happen no earlier than Wednesday, February 20. I will email out again when the date is finalized.
5. Caps. I have extra swim caps from the order in the fall. If any of the new girls want caps, please let me know and I will bring them to practice for you. Caps are $4.00 each.
Please fill out the spreadsheet so I can order tank tops and reserve hotel rooms as soon as possible! See you next week and stay warm!
Last Updated: 2/13/13
Play With Us!
Whether you’ve played since birth or have never touched a water polo ball in your life, club water polo is a great way to get fit and have fun!If you have any questions, please e-mail: email@example.com
Practices are held at the Zesiger Center.
Fall 2013 Schedule: