Maintainable Software in wwwdev
It's important that people other than yourself be able to find, build
and install your software. If someone else needs to update to a newer
version of imported software, it should be easy to identify changes
you made to the previous version. A project "foo" in the wwwdev
locker is considered maintainable if it meets the follwing
As a starting point, you can copy BUILD.athena and .rconf from
- The source must reside under "/mit/wwwdev/src/foo".
- That directory must contain a file called "BUILD.athena".
- From csh, typing "source BUILD.athena" must result in
- a build tree being created in
- all compiled binaries being built
- current working directory = build directory
- The README file must contain or point to installation instructions.
- If the software was developed outside MIT DCNS, then
- README.athena must contain a URL pointing to where the
source came from.
- An RCS subdirectory must exist in any directory where
changes are made.
- For any changed file, the original version must be
checked into RCS.
Bruce Lewis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Last modified: Mon May 8 17:18:06 1995