Monty's kernel Patch Page
Previous versions of patches that appear on the main page.
September 19, 2006
Obsolete ehci scheduler patches
These patches ares made obsolete by the current ehci scheduler patch on the main page. The older versions are kept here only for archival puposes. They have serious bugs that have since been corrected in the newer patch. DO NOT USE THESE VERSIONS OF THE EHCI-SCHEDULER PATCH IN PRODUCTION.
- Code to shut down periodic schedule when the schedule is idle was broken (harmless but unintentional)
- QH budget entry removal was wrongly tied to QH descheduling instead of QH destruction; idle QHs would be unbudgeted making it impossible to communicate with the endpoint (this caused the 'tried to schedule an endpoint that doesn't appear in the budget' log message)
- Logic to distinguish multiple-port TT connections was flawed; multi-TT hubs offered no advantage over single-TT hubs.
- Scheduler mask generation logic was flawed; FS/LS transactions could be scheduled into incorrect microframes.
- sITD spanning support was broken; high bandwidth requirements that required use of spanning sITDs could lock up the USB subsystem due to the combination of three seperate minor bugs.