- N. Klym and M.J. Montpetit ,"Social TV: Innovation at the Edge." MIT Communication Futures Program Yearly Meeting, Oct. 2008.
- M.J. Montpetit, N. Klym and T. Mirlacher, "The future of IPTV: Adding social networking and mobility". Invited extended paper, Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Telecommunications (ConTEL 2009)
- M.J. Montpetit, IPTV: Now and Next, keynote lecture at 1st International Workshop on IPTV Technologies and Multidisciplinary Applications. Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Telecommunications (ConTEL 2009.
- M.J. Montpetit, N. Klym and E. Blain, "The Future of Mobile TV" , in Mobile TV, A. Cereijo-Roibas ed., Springer, 2009.
- R. Martin, A.L. Santos, M. Shafran, H. Holtzman and M.J. Montpetit, "neXtream: A Multi-Device, Social Approach to Video Content Consumption." Proceedings of the 7th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, 2010.
- M.J. Montpetit, N. Klym and T. Mirlacher The Future of IPTV: connected, mobile, personal and socialMultimedia Tools and Applications 53 (3), 519-532, (2010)
- MJ Montpetit, T, Mirlacher, and M Ketcham, "IPTV: An End to End Perspective", Journal of Communications 5 (5), 358-373, 2010.
- Kulkarni, M. Heindlmaier, D. Traskov, M. Medard, M.J. Montpetit, "Network Coding with Association Policies in Heterogeneous Networks", NC-Pro 2011, May 2011.
- M.J. Montpetit and M. Médard, "Community Viewing meets Network Coding: New Strategies for Distribution, Consumption and Protection of TV Content", 2nd W3C Web and TV Workshop, February 2011.
- J.-Y. Hwang, P. Pia i Contesa, H. Holtzman, M.J. Montpetit, "CommenTV: A Time-Sensitive Social Commenting System for Audiovisual Content". Proceedings of the 9th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, 2012.
- M.J. Montpetit and M. Medard, "Social Television: Enabling Technologies and Architectures", Invited paper, Proceedings of the IEEE, 100th Anniversary Issue, May 2012.
M.J. Montpetit, TEDx Silk Road Presentation: Building a New Digital Highway and a Global Living Room.