Merchandise: MIT seal
- The MIT logo is the Institute’s primary mark and must be considered first when creating new merchandise.
- The seal may only be used by licensed merchandise vendors. MIT departments and student groups may not use the seal for merchandise.
- When using the seal, spelling out “Massachusetts Institute of Technology” is optional. The “Massachusetts Institute of Technology” on the seal itself must be legible.
- Do not use a distressed or vintage treatment on the seal.
- Do not pair the MIT seal with the MIT logo. (see Example D)
- Do not fill the seal with a background color.
- The seal must be reproduced in one color only. Multiple colors diminish the quality and integrity of the seal. (see Example G)
Scale and spacing
- When applying the seal to apparel, the size of the seal should be no wider than 5.5'', based on a size medium garment. (see Example F)
- Carefully consider the manufacturing process when using the seal, since it does not reproduce well when scaled down to less than 2.5" in diameter. The “Massachusetts Institute of Technology”' on the seal itself must be legible.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request high-resolution files of the MIT seal.