- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2018–)
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer Science
- Princeton University (2014–2018)
A.B. with Highest Honors, Mathematics (Minor: Computer Science)
- Google (2020)
Research Intern, Graph Mining
Worked with the Graph Mining team to design, implement, and evaluate shared-memory parallel affinity clustering and correlation clustering algorithms. Demonstrated significant parallel speedups of up to 6.09x over the best sequential implementations of these algorithms, on real-world graphs with up to tens of billions of edges using a 16-core machine with two-way hyperthreading.
- D.E. Shaw & Co. (2017)
Software Engineering Intern, Futures
Worked with the Futures division to add features to their underlying array infrastructure, including sharding, extending axes, indexing with keys, and indexing with arrays and boolean masks. Investigated cache conflicts between using memory mapped arrays and IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS).
- Google (2016)
Software Engineering Intern, Fiber Ads
Worked with the Fiber Ads Team on building a system to continuously evaluate the quality in which Fiber TV ads are inserted over underlying TV network streams. Created a video alignment tool to locate and verify where TV ads are injected into the stream, and collect associated stream data.
- Bloomberg L.P. (2015)
Software Development Intern, News
Worked with the News Division on overhauling legacy multimedia functions. Created two services: one extracts subtitles from fragmented-MP4 video containers and processes keywords for expanded search functionality, and the other extracts, processes, and stores thumbnails from videos.
Honors & awards
- Best Student Presentation of SIAM Conference on Applied and Computational Discrete Algorithms (ACDA 2021)
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (2018)
- Middleton Miller ‘29 Prize, Mathematics Dept, Princeton Univ (2018)
Awarded for the best independent work in mathematics.
- Phi Beta Kappa, Princeton Univ (2018)
- Computing Research Association (CRA) Outstanding Undergraduate Researchers Honorable Mention (2017)
- Computer Science Poster Winner, Computer Science Dept, Princeton Univ (2015)
- Outstanding Presentation Winner of the MAA Undergraduate Poster Session at JMM (2014)
- Intel Science Talent Search (STS) Finalist (2014)
- Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) Finalist (2014)