From: Christofer C. Bell <[email-masked]>

----------------------------      ---------------------------
   Drug Dealers                      Software Developers
   ----------------------------      ---------------------------

   Refer to their clients            Refer to their clients
   as "users".                       as "users".

   "The first one's free!"           "Download a free trial
                                     version..."

   Have important Asian              Have important Asian
   connections.                      connections.

   Strange jargon:                   Strange jargon:
     "Stick"                           "SCSI"
     "Rock"                            "RTFM"
     "Wrap"                            "Packet"
     "E"                               "C"
     "Stash"                           "Cache"
     "Drive-by"                        "CTRL ALT DEL"
     "Hit (LSD)"                       "Hit (WWW)"
     "Source"                          "Source-code"
     "The Pigs"                        "Microsoft"

   Realize that there's tons         Realize that there's tons
   of cash in the 14- to             of cash in the 14- to
   25-year-old market.               25-year-old market.

   Clients really like your stuff    Clients really like your stuff
   when it works. When it doesn't    when it works. When it doesn't
   work they want to kill you.       work they want to kill you.

   Job is assisted by the            Job is assisted by the
   industry's producing              industry's producing
   newer, more potent product.       newer, more potent products.

   Often seen in the company         Often seen in the company of
   of pimps, hustlers and            marketing people, venture
   low-lifes.                        capitalists and fund managers.

   When things go wrong, a           When things go wrong, a
   "fix" is just a phone call        "fix" is just a phone call
   away, but may be expensive.       away, but may be expensive.

   A lot of people are getting       A lot of people are getting
   rich while still teenagers.       rich while still teenagers.

   Product causes unhealthy          DOOM, Quake, SimCity,
   addictions.                       Duke Nukem 3D...

   Do your job well and              Damn!  DAMN!!!
   you can sleep with
   sexy movie stars who
   depend on you.