OBJECTIVES for Friday, November 1, 2002 Meeting
Next meeting of Presentation planning group will be Wednesday, November
6, 2002, in the Terrascope Lounge.
OBJECTIVES for Monday, November 4, 2002 Meeting (not quite as short
- Have a team characterization ready to share with the entire project,
and be knowledgeable enough to discuss and explain its contents.
- Completed Referencing my existing characterization information.
- Have read all groups characterizations, and are familiar with
- Bring potential solutions to the table in view of characterized
- Characterized specific problems in further detail if necessary
- Begin creating a Master Characterization
to be used in the final presentation
Objectives for Monday, October 28, 2002
Meeting (as of 10/23/02)
Address Uncompleted Goals from previous week (see bellow)
Answer these Additional Question:
- What is the underlying bedrock DONE
- What is the general erosion pattern? (send this to Systems Group for
(done, but not yet communicated to Systems)
- What is the Relative stability of the soils? Determine, or find a
scale and use it to characterize the Amazon region.
These are my Objectives for the Friday, October 18, 2000 Meeting (as of
Answer the Following Questions:
Click image to return to main page
Speak to the following people:
- Is Aeolian (answer the following questions) erosion a major
factor in the Amazon Rain forest? (no previous evidence to that affect)
- Is the erosion we are dealing with surface or gully
erosion, and how does that effect our actions?
- How Recent (and accurate) is the data used for the UNESCO FAO
- Is there more recent data, and or maps from the UN FAO?
- Talk to Eric Mibuari regarding Mercury in the soils, where
does it really come from? DONE
- Meet with Katrina Cornell, Team water, to discuss the roles
of water and soil in erosion, hydrology and other relevant processes in the