(1) Shannon, C. E., ``A Mathematical Theory of Communication,'' reprinted with corrections from The Bell System Technical Journal, Vol. 27, pp. 379–423, 623–656, July, October, 1948 (pdf)
(2) Scott Graham, Girish Baliga, and P.R. Kumar, `` Issues in the convergence of control with communication and
computing: Proliferation, architecture, design, services, and middleware'' preprint (pdf)
(3) Valiant, L.G., ``A quantitative theory of neural computation,'' preprint (pdf)
(4) Valiant, L.G., ``A bridging model for parallel computation,'' Communications of the ACM, August 1990, Vol.33, No.8 (pdf)
(5) Mitter, S.K., ``The mathematics of the information revolution,'' Matematica, cultura e societa 2004, Edizioni Della Normale, Scuola Normale Superiore Pisa, 2005 (pdf)
(6) Bensoussan, A., Da Prato, G., Delfour, M.C., Mitter, S.K., Chapter 1 from Representation and Control of Infinite Dimensional Systems, Vol. II, Birkhauser, Boston, 1993.
(7) Bhatia, N.P., Chapter1, Sections 1-4, from "Lectures on Ordinary Differential Equations", Dept. of Math, Case Western Reserve University, Spring 1964.
Back to Course Home Page