Books published between 2014 and 2015 by CIS-affiliated faculty:
- Networks of Rebellion: Explaining Insurgent Cohesion and Collapse (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2014).
- Varieties of Liberalization and the New Politics of Social Solidarity (New York: Cambridge University Press, 2014).
Books published between 2012 and 2013 by CIS-affiliated faculty:
- Making in America: From Innovation to Market (MIT Press, 2013).
- Cyberpolitics in International Relations (MIT Press, 2012).
- Alliance Formation in Civil Wars (New York: Cambridge University Press, 2012).
- The Promise and Limits of Private Power: Promoting Labor Standards in a Global Economy (New York: Cambridge University Press, 2013).
- 3.11: Disaster and Change in Japan (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2013).
- Planning Ideas That Matter: Livability, Territoriality, Governance, and Reflective Practice (Co-edited with Lawrence J. Vale and Christina Rosan) MIT Press, 2012.
Ben Ross Schneider
- Hierarchical Capitalism in Latin America: Business, Labor, and the Challenges of Equitable Development (New York: Cambridge University Press, 2013).
Books published between 2010 and 2011 by CIS-affiliated faculty:
- American Anthrax: Fear, Crime, and the Investigation of the Nation's Deadliest Bioterror Attack (New York: Times Books and Henry Holt and Company, 2011).
Roger D. Petersen
- Western Intervention in the Balkans: The Strategic Use of Emotion in Conflict (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2011).
- Deaths of Others: The Fate of Civilians in America's Wars (Oxford University Press, June 2011).
- Explaining Institutional Change: Ambiguity, Agency, and Power (co-edited with James Mahoney). New York: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Buying National Security: How America Plans and Pays for Its Global Role and Safety at Home (New York: Routledge, 2010) with Dr. Gordon Adams.
Books published between 2008 and 2009 by CIS-affiliated faculty:
- Women, Migration, and Conflict: Breaking a Deadly Cycle. Susan Forbes Martin and John Tirman, eds. (Springer 2009).
- Strong Borders, Secure Nation: Coperation and Conflict in China's Territorial Disputes Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2008).
- Learning to be Capitalists: Entrepreneurs in Vietnam's Transition Economy (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008).
- The Politics of Official Apologies (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008).
- U.S. Defense Politics: The Origins of Security Policy (London: Routledge, 2008).
Harvey Sapolsky, Benjamin Friedman, Brendan Green (Eds.)
- U.S. Military Innovation since the Cold War (London: Routledge, 2009).
Books published between 2006 and 2007 by CIS-affiliated faculty:
- Escape from Empire: The Developing World's Journey through Heaven and Hell (MIT Press, 2007).
- Mapping Sustainability: Knowledge e-Networking and the Value Chain (Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer, 2007).
- Accountability Without Democracy: Solidary Groups and Public Goods Provision in Rural China (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007).
- The New Global History (Routledge, 2006).
- The Technology-Energy-Environment-Health (TEEH) Chain In China: A Case Study of Cokemaking. In the "Alliance of Global Sustainability Bookseries" (Springer, 2006). [Edited]
David A. Singer
- REGULATING CAPITAL: Setting Standards for the International Financial System. (Cornell University Press, 2007).
- Terror Insurgency and the State: Ending Protracted Conflicts (Penn Press, 2007).
- Multilateralism Under Challenge? Power, International Order, and Structural Change (UNU Press, 2006).
- Service to Country: Personnel Policy and the Transformation of Western Militaries (MIT Press, 2007).
Books published between 2004 and 2005 by CIS-affiliated faculty:
Books published between 2003 and 2004 by CIS-affiliated faculty:
- How We Compete: What Companies Around the World Are Doing to Make It in the Global Economy (Doubleday, Fall 2005).
- Biological Weapons: From the Invention of State-sponsored Programs to Contemporary Bioterrorism (Columbia University Press, 2005).
- “Reparations: A Dialogue between Human Rights Academics and Activists.” Edited volume published under the auspices of the MIT Program on Human Rights and Justice (2004).
- The Encyclopedia of U.S. National Security (General Editor) (Sage Publications, 2005).
- The Maze of Fear: Security & Migration After September 11th: (New York: New Press, 2004). [Edited]
- Locating China: Space, Place, and Popular Culture. In the series of “China in Transition” [Edited by David S. G. Goodman] (London and New York: Routledge, 2005). [Edited]
- Performing Justice: Agitation Trials in Early Soviet Russia (Cornell University Press, 2005).
Alice H. Amsden
- Beyond Late Development: Taiwan's Upgrading Policies (MIT Press 2003).
- A Grand Strategy for America, (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2003).
Robert Art and P. Cronin (eds.)
- The United States and Coercive Diplomacy, (Washington, DC: United States Institute of Peace Press, 2003).
Robert Art and K. Waltz (eds.)
- The Use of Force, (Boulder: Rowman and Littlefield, 2003).
- Notre Première Mondialisation: Leçons d'un échec oublié, (Paris: Seuil, 2003).
JoAnn Carmin and Stacy D. Van Deveer
- EU Enlargement and the Environment: Institutional Change and Environmental Policy in Central and Eastern Europe (London: Routledge 2004).
Diane E. Davis
- Discipline and Development: Middle Classes and Prosperity in East Asia and Latin America (Cambridge University Press, 2004).
Diane Davis and A. Pereira (eds.)
- Irregular Armed Forces and their Role in Politics and State Formation, (Cambridge University Press, 2003).
Kenneth Keniston (ed.)
- IT Experience in India: Bridging the Digital Divide (Delhi: Sage, 2004). [Edited with Deepak Kumar]
Philip S. Khoury (ed.)
- The Modern Middle East. New and Revised Edition (New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2004). [Edited with Albert Hourani and Mary C. Wilson]
- Mexico's Pivotal Democratic Election: Candidates, Voters,
and the Presidential Campaign of 2000 (Stanford and
La Jolla, CA: Stanford University Press and Center for U.S.-Mexican
Studies, University of California at San Diego 2003). [Edited
with Jorge I. Domínguez]
- Civilization and Its Contents (Stanford University Press, 2004).
- International Law from Below Development: Social Movements and Third World Resistance, (Cambridge University Press, 2003).
- Fiscal Decentralization and Challenge of Hard Budget Constraints (MIT Press, 2003).
- Machiavelli's Children: Leaders and Their Legacies in Italy and Japan, (Cornell University Press, 2003).
Books published between 2000 and 2002 by CIS-affiliated faculty:
William Keller and Richard Samuels (eds.)
- Crisis and Innovation in Asian Technology, (Cambridge University Press, 2002).
- Building the Fourth Estate: Democratization and the Rise of a Free Press in Mexico. (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2002).
- Understanding Ethnic Violence: Fear, Hatred, and Resentment in Twentieth Century Eastern Europe, (Cambridge University Press, 2002).
- Culture and Inflation in Weimar Germany, (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2001).