Factors of luck used by Captain Zagrat
- Take advantage of lucky breaks:
- Trained forces in no-sensor tactics, flying blind, etc.
- Trained forces in chaotic, variable environments like asteroid fields.
- Jury-rigged shielding for all sensor equipment, and kept sensors
on low power when on at all.
- Had been watching the timing of solar disturbences, and knew it
was more likely now that before.
- Proof against bad luck:
- Distributed communications systems, rather than having a single
- Had a small squadron on reserve to flee the other direction,
with accumulated sensor info on the pirate fleet, in case
the main attack was unsuccessful.
- Had his ships carry cloth tarps which blended in with the
asteroids, to make them harder to find if they had to take
[Out of Game]
For game purposes, this essay is actually about 5000 words long.
6 successes in Applied Luck.
Back to Jim's page!