MIT's South Asian Fusion Dance Team
"The absolute pinnacle of the show was MIT Chamak, a troupe that
skillfully managed to intertwine traditional Indian and modern dancing.
The dance somehow took the traditional Indian dance form, Bharat Natyam,
and brought to it a drum and bass beat, slinky black tops, and a little
bit of hand-flapping that coordinated well with lighting effects. For
those both familiar and unfamiliar with Indian dance, there was
something ripe and electrifying about their well-choreographed dance
that made it the best performance of the evening, technically and
--2004 SAAS Culture Show Event Review by Devdoot Majumdar
We perform and compete all over the Northeast Region.
Recently, we have performed at:
- The Manhattan Project 2.0 (2010)
- Naach Nation (2009, 2010)
- various competitions held at MIT
In years past we have won awards such as:
- 2nd Place winners at the 2007 Bollywood Talent Dance Competition
- 2nd Place winners at Case Western University's 2005 Taal Dhamal
- 3rd Place Winners of the 2004 Dance Mania
This website has been designed by Namrata Verma . If you have any comments or suggestions, please email email@example.com.