Carolyn Jean Smith
Recorder Player and Teacher
- Oberlin Baroque Performance Institute, 1993-1997
- International Baroque Institute at Longy, 1994-1996
- Recorder lessons with John Tyson, Sonja Lindblad and Ford Weisberg.
- Cornetto and voice lessons with Michael Collver.
- Harp lessons with Judith Ross
- Harpsichord lessons with Francis Conover Fitch.
- Piano lessons with David Close.
- Has participated in Masterclasses with Michael Lynn, Gerd
Lunenberger, John Tyson, Paul Leenhouts, and Charles Lemouse.
- Podcast blog
- The Meantones, 2006-present
- Directed by John Tyson. Dedicated to promoting the recorder and
music in school programs.
- Quilisma Consort, 2004-present
- Perfomance ensemble specializing in Medieval and Renaissance music
- Mill River Consort, 2004-2006
- Assistant Music Director. Recorder quintet located in Taunton, MA,
founded by Eric Brown
Founding member of this chamber music trio, performing primarily
baroque and instrumental music.
With Emily Browder, voice, and Ronald Dynneson, harpsichord. Cantata
à Trois has performed in the Society for Historically Informed
Performance Summer Concert Series, the Longy School of Music Bach's
Lunch Series, the Noon Concert Series at the Cathedral Church of
St. Paul, and the MIT Chapel Noon Concert Series.
- Recorder soloist for this Scandinavian vocal ensemble, directed by
Allen LeVines. Stämbandet has performed for WGBH's Morning Pro
Musica, the Gardner Museum Concert Series, and First Night
Boston. Stämbandet released a CD, Nordic Voices,
in 1997 under the Nordic Sounds label.
- Serendipity, 1999-2000
- Founding member of this ensemble, performing a variety of styles
from early to modern. With Margaret Sibley, soprano.
- Concerto Scarani, 1997-1998
- Founding member of this ensemble which performed 17th-century
canzonas and related music. With Alix Mugar, recorders, Frank Jones,
curtal, and Ronald Dynneson, harpsichord and organ.
- Graduate Recital, April 3, 1997
- In partial fullfillment of the requirements for a Master's Degree
in Early Music Performance on Recorder at the Longy School of Music,
performed a full-length recital covering music from 1500-1750 in a
variety of styles. Recording available upon request.
- Longy Early Dance Ensemble 1998-1999, 2003-present
- Longy Early Dance Workshop July 2007
- Accadamia Della Danza 2003-2005
- Harvard Baroque Dance Workshop February 1999
- Longy Early Dance Workshop 1995-1998
- MIT Gilbert & Sullivan Players 1988-2001, 2003-2005.
- Founding member. Performed in the chorus of many operettas
and served in technical positions including producer, house manager,
scenic artist, set design, costumes, board member and percussionist.
Carolyn Jean Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)