The Urban Land Institute (ULI) is the world's preeminent multi-disciplinary real estate forum. Founded in 1936, and with members in 95 countries worldwide, ULI facilitates the open exchange of ideas, information, and experience among local, national, and international industry leaders and policy makers.
MIT/CRE participates each year in the ULI's annual Fall Conference, sending representatives on a "trek" to the Institute's showcase symposium dedicated to creating better places to live and work.
The Conference typically hosts scores of real estate workshops and learning programs, which have also included local walking tours of some of the country's most innovative real estate projects.
Distinguished guests have spoken on a wide range of topics related to land use policy and practice, and have included presentations by (in alphabetical order):
- Bill Clinton, Former President of the United States
- Francis Ford Cuppola, Filmmaker and Entrepreneur
- Vicente Fox, Former President of Mexico
- Al Franken, Former Comedian and Television Personality (now US Senator)
- Rudolph Giuliani, Former Mayor of New York
- Newt Gingrich, Former US Speaker of the House
- Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Basketball Legend
- General Colin Powell, Former US Secretary of State
- Robert Redford, Filmmaker and Actor
- James Rubin, Former Assistant Secretary of State, and Chief Spokesman for the US State Department
- Lester Thurow, Political Economist
- Paul A. Volcker, Former Chairman of the US Federal Reserve
For full past and future ULI Fall Conference schedules - visit the ULI website.