Refreshing MIT's Learning, Working, and Living Spaces
Campus renovations range in cost from tens of thousands for distance learning classrooms to tens of millions for a complete overhaul of an academic building. The Project Management area directs these projects in conjunction with the Systems Engineering Group and Campus Planning and Design. Together they provide resources including project management, engineering, and estimating as well as interior design, space planning, and furniture selection.
Renovations (or spaces changes) costing more than $10,000 must be approved by the Committee for Review of Space Planning (CRSP). For approval, projects must win support based on Institute-wide priorities. See CRSP Policies and Procedures to begin this process.
- Provide basic information on the space change process
- Cost estimates for straightforward renovations
- Provide basic information on sustainable systems design
- Consultation on Space Needs Assessment process
Special Services (*May Require a Fee.)
- Perform studies and feasibility analysis (including cost estimation)
- Manage projects from early design through construction
- Select and engage consulting architects/engineers and construction firms
- Furniture selection and interior design*
- Installation of signage and plaques*
Request a Service
Project Request Form (PDF) MIT certificate required