MIT Students after Graduation
services (13%), and energy (7%) were the top five industries participating in on-campus recruiting, accounting for 87% of total recruiters.
Undergraduates after Graduation
- 22% of 2016 bachelor’s degree graduates found jobs through a career fair.
- 20% found jobs through various networking venues, including MIT faculty and administrators, GECD contacts, and professional conferences.
- 19% had internships that led to a full-time job offer.
- 18% found jobs through on-campus recruiting and MIT-sponsored job listings.
- 83% of all graduating seniors completed internships while at MIT.
Fifty-two percent of MIT undergraduates took jobs after graduation; 37% went on to graduate school. The top graduate school destinations were MIT, Stanford, Harvard, University of California at Berkeley, California Institute of Technology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon, Johns Hopkins University, Yale.
Graduate Students after Graduation
- 80% of master’s students graduating from MIT entered the work sector and 12% went on to further study.
- 93% of PhD students planned to work after graduation; 1% continued their education. Of those with confirmed employment, 45% had postdoctoral positions.
|Engineering (all fields)||27%||14%||20%|
The top employers for bachelor’s degree recipients were Google, Boeing, Apple, Oracle, Amazon, Boston Consulting Group, General Motors, Ab Initio, Accenture, Bain & Company, Microsoft, MIT, Morgan Stanley, NASA, and SpaceX.
The top employers for master’s degree recipients were McKinsey, Amazon, Boston Consulting Group, the US Navy, Deloitte, Bank of America, Falabella, Goldman Sachs, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and the US Army.
The top employers for doctoral degree recipients were MIT, Harvard, Stanford, UC Berkeley, McKinsey, University of Washington, Boston Consulting Group, Lam Research, Microsoft, Princeton, and Analog Devices.
|Bachelor of Science||$84,882||$80,000|
|Master of Science||$86,307||$85,000|
|Master of Engineering||$111,021||$115,000|
|Master of Business Administration||$134,851||$130,000|
|PhD entering postdoctoral positions||$60,605||$50,000|
|PhD entering other positions||$117,404||$110,000|