Building MIT's Resources
The MIT Campaign for a Better World officially launched in May 2016 with the ambitious goal of raising $5 billion to meet humanity’s urgent global challenges through the vision and talent of the people of MIT.
The Campaign is guided by six priority areas that span the full breadth of the Institute:
- Discovery Science: Transforming our world through fundamental scientific research
- Health of the Planet: Addressing critical environmental and sustainability challenges facing humankind
- Human Health: Defining the future of health through awdvances from bench to bedside across a broad range of disciplines
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Accelerating the journey from idea to impact
- Teaching, Learning, and Living: Reimagining education for the 21st-century learner
- The MIT Core: Attracting extraordinary students and faculty and providing them with the resources they need to thrive
The Campaign began its public phase with $2.6 billion already raised toward its goal. Thanks to the enthusiasm and generosity of friends and alumni, the Institute closed fiscal year 2016 with an additional $529 million in new gifts and pledges, and a total of $2.9 billion raised in the Campaign.