Teaching this fall? You should know . . .
the faculty regulates examinations and assignments for all subjects.
Check the Web at web.mit.edu/faculty/termregs for the complete regulations.
Questions: Contact Faculty Chair Bish Sanyal at x3-3270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No required classes, examinations, exercises, or assignments of any kind may be scheduled after the last regularly scheduled class in a subject, except for final examinations scheduled through the Schedules Office.
First and Third Week of the Term
By the end of the first week of classes, you must provide a clear and complete description of:
• required work, including the number and kinds of assignments;
• an approximate schedule of tests and due dates for major projects;
• whether or not there will be a final examination; and
• grading criteria.
By the end of the third week, you must provide a precise schedule of tests and major assignments.
For all Undergraduate Subjects Tests Outside Scheduled Class Times:
• may begin no earlier than 7:30 p.m., when held in the evening;
• may not be held on Monday evenings;
• may not exceed two hours in length; and
• must be scheduled through the Schedules Office.
NO TESTING DURING THE LAST WEEK OF CLASSES
Tests after Friday, December 7 must be scheduled in the Finals Period.