MIT India Initiative
- MIT forges new ties with India - Dec. 5, 2007
President Susan Hockfield led an MIT delegation on a historic trip to India Nov. 16-24, meeting with key government and business leaders and strengthening ties between the Institute and the world's largest democracy.
This is a moment of great energy and optimism in India; MIT is by nature an optimistic, forward-looking place. If we can combine our strengths and capitalize on our shared opportunities, I believe India and MIT can make almost limitless progress together - in creating new knowledge, in shaping new leaders and in making important gains against the daunting challenges of our generation.
- MIT and India to create health science and technology institute - Nov. 19, 2007
MIT and the government of India's Department of Biotechnology today launched a partnership that will result in the creation of a new Translational Health Science and Technology Institute in India. The new institute will include faculty from multiple disciplines and professions.
- MIT launches new global innovation initiative - Nov. 19, 2007
MIT has announced a new initiative that will strengthen, connect and accelerate its innovation efforts around the globe. The International Innovation Initiative will facilitate future interactions between MIT researchers and the global venture capital community.
- MIT to develop health science and technology institute in India (PDF) - from The Financial Express, Nov. 22, 2007
- Education may put an end to global woes (PDF) - from the Hindustan Times, Nov. 21, 2007
- MIT in talks with IIT Chennai for collaborationa (PDF) - from India Info, Nov. 21, 2007
- MIT launches new global innovation initiative - from Andhra News, Nov. 19, 2007
- MIT launches initiatives in innovation and India - from Mass High Tech, Nov. 19, 2007
Gifts to support activities of the MIT faculty, students, and staff engaged in activities related to India or activities of Indian faculty, students, and staff engaged in activities related to the MIT-India Initiative.