There is one configuration file which you may wish to edit to control various compile-time parameters in the Kerberos distribution:
The list that follows is by no means complete, just some of the more interesting variables.
- The pathname to the file which contains the profiles for the known realms, their KDCs, etc. The default value is /etc/krb5.conf.
- The type and pathname to the default server keytab file. The default is DEFKTNAME.
- The default encryption type for the KDC database master key. The default value is aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96.
- The directory which stores replay caches. The default is /var/tmp.
- The location of the default database. The default value is LOCALSTATEDIR/krb5kdc/principal.