Forums for the community
To provide updates about our progress and gather vital input from the MIT and Cambridge communities for the East Campus Urban Design Study, we invited community members to join the study team at five forums from November 2013 - February 2014.
Community participation is essential to the development of a comprehensive, responsive design study. We invite and welcome ideas and other input from our community members, through the forums and/or via email.
Reference materials for the November forums
- Faculty design committee report [PDF document]
- Design team Request for Proposal [PDF document]
- November community forum presentation [PDF document]
- Community forum ideas from MIT forum and Cambridge forum
Reference materials for December forums
Reference materials for February forum
Final report documents, March 2014
- Final report of the East Campus Urban Design Study -
- Report: [Part 1 PDF], [Part 2 PDF], [Part 3 PDF]
- East Campus Urban Design Study: Appendix A - Sustainability Report [PDF document]
Schedule of community forums
MIT community forums
Thursday, November 7, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., Room 3-270
Wednesday, December 11, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., Room 32-155
Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Room E25-111
Cambridge community forums
Thursday, November 14, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
MIT Building 4 Room 153, 182 Memorial Drive [map link]
Thursday, December 12, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
MIT Building 56 Room 154, access via 21 Ames Street [map link]
Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
MIT Building E25 Room 111, 45 Carleton Street [map link]
Please note: the February 12 forum replaced the previously scheduled January forums.