Hours & Admission
Open Daily 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. except major holidays (see below)
July and August only: Extended hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Adults: $10.00; Under 18, students, seniors: $5:00.
- Free admission: MIT alumni and a guest; children under 5; and on the last Sunday of each month, Sept. through June.
Please note all MIT Museum sites are wheelchair accessible.
- MIT Community: Free admission for faculty, staff, students, and alumni card holders.
- Blue Star Museums Program: Active duty military personnel and up to 5 family members: free admission.
- Bank of America Museums on Us Program: Free admission during the first full weekend of each month for card holders.
- American Alliance of Museums: Free admission for AAM card holders.
- Cambridge Public Library: Free admission during July and August for card holders.
- Massachusetts Teachers Association: Free admission for card holders.
- New England Museum Association: Free admission for card holders.
- WGBH Educational Foundation: Two for one adult admission for card holders.
- WBUR: Two for one adult admission for card holders.
- WUMB: Two for one adult admission for card holders.
Please note: Unless you hold a card from one of the above organizations, the MIT Museum does not offer reciprocity for individual Museum Memberships.
Closed on the following holidays in 2016:
- January 1: New Year’s Day
- May 30: Memorial Day
- July 4: Independence Day
- September 5: Labor Day
- November 24: Thanksgiving
- December 24 & 25: Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
- December 31: 3 p.m. closing
Hart Nautical Gallery @ 55 Massachusetts Ave, Bldg 5
- Map: MIT Building 5
- Open daily 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 p.m.