Executive Report and Recommendations
References for Executive Report
- MIT Mission Statement. Available from http://web.mit.edu/facts/mission.html.
- Hockfield, Susan (2008, February 21). MIT President's Speech for MIT MLK Day Celebration, Cambridge, MA. Available from http://web.mit.edu/hockfield/speeches/2008-mlk-breakfast.html.
- U.S. Census Report (2008). U.S. Census Bureau, Washington, D.C.
- Phillips, K.W.; Loyd, D.L. (2006). When Surface and Deep-Level Diversity Collide: The Effects on Dissenting Group Members. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 99.
- Sommers, S.R. (2006). On Racial Diversity and Group Decision Making: Identifying Multiple Effects of Racial Composition on Jury Deliberations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 90, 597-612.
- A Study on the Status of Women Faculty in Science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1999), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA. Available from http://web.mit.edu/faculty/reports/overview.html.
- Tapia, R.A. (2007). True Diversity Doesn't Come from Abroad. Chronicles of Higher Education, 54, B34.
- Tapia, R.A. (2009). Minority Students and Research Universities: How to Overcome the 'Mismatch.' Chronicles of Higher Education, 55, A72.
- Nelson, Donna (2007). A National Analysis of Minorities in Science and Engineering Faculties at Research Universities, National Science Foundation.
- Davis, R.L. (1979). Master's dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.
- Thomas, D.A. (2001, April). The Truth about Mentoring Minorities: Race Matters. The Harvard Business Review, Harvard Business Publishing: Cambridge, MA, 98-107.
- Thomas, D.A. (1993). Racial Dynamics in Cross-Race Developmental Relationships. Administrative Science Quarterly, 38, 169-194.
- Hekman, D.R., Aquino, K., Owens, B.P., Mitchell, T.R., Schilpzand, P., & Leavitt, K. (2009). An Examination of Whether and How Racial and Gender Biases Influence Customer Satisfaction. Academy of Management Journal, in press.
- Amodio, D. M., & Devine, P. G. (2006). Stereotyping and Evaluation in Implicit Race Bias: Evidence for Independent Constructs and Unique Effects on Behavior. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 91, 652-661.
- Barden, J., Maddux, W. W., Petty, R. E., & Brewer, M. B. (2004). Contextual Moderation of Racial Bias: The Impact of Social Roles on Controlled and Automatically Activated Attitudes. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 87, 5-22.
- Coleman, M. G. (2003). Job Skill and Black Male Wage Discrimination. Social Science Quarterly, 84, 892-905.