Chwee Teck Lim
- 2006-2009 Deputy Director, Life Sciences Institute, NUS
- 2005- 2012 Fellow, Singapore-MIT Alliance
- 2004-2010 Faculty Associate, Institute of Microelectronics, A*STAR
- 2001- present Head, Nano Biomechanics Lab
- 2001-2004 Coordinator & Founding Member, NUS Nanoscience & Nanotechnology Initiative
- 2000-2004 Program Manager & Founding Member, Div of Bioengineering, NUS
- 2000-2003 Assistant Dean, Faculty of Engineering, NUS
Selected peer-reviewed publications
- 2012 Credit Suisse Technopreneur of the Year Award
- 2012 Wall Street Journal Asian Innovation Audience Choice Awards
- 2012 Gold, Wall Street Journal Asian Innovation Awards
- 2012 TechVenture Most Disruptive Technology Award
- 2012 First Prize, Asian Entrepreneurship Award
- 2012 InnovFest Promising Start-Up Award
- 2012 HFSP Collaborative Research Grant Award
- 2011/2012 NGS Excellent Mentor Award
- 2011 Singapore President’s Technology Award
- 2010 Faculty Research Award
- 2006-2010 Most Cited Article, Acta Biomaterialia
- 2010 IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award
- 2009 NRF Technology Incubation Scheme Award
- 2009 First Prize, International Scanning Probe Microscopy Image Contest
- 2009 Tan Kah Kee Inventor’s Award
- 2005-2008 Most Cited Author, Acta Biomaterialia
- 2006 Cited in MIT Technology Review, Annual Report on “10 Emerging Technologies and their impact: Nanobiomechanics”
- 2004 MRS Outstanding Paper Award, MRS Fall Meeting 2004, USA
- 2004 Excellent Paper Award, 2nd World Congress of Chinese Biomedical Engineers, China
Current research support
- Thiery, J P, C T Lim, Tumor dissemination: An EMT affair, Cancer Cell, 23, 3 (2013): 272-273.
- Kenry, C T Lim, Synthesis, optical properties, and chemical-biological sensing applications of one-dimensional inorganic semiconductor nanowires, Progress in Materials Science, 58, 5 (2013):705-748.
- Wu, Y L, N Putcha, K W Ng, D T Leong, C T Lim, S C J Loo, X D Chen, Biophysical Response upon the Interaction of Nanomaterials with Cellular Interfaces, Accounts of Chemical Research, 20123 (in press)
- Lin, L Y, Y-S Chu, J P Thiery, C T Lim*, I Rodriguez*, Microfluidic cell trap array for controlled positioning of single cells on adhesive micropatterns, Lab-on-a-Chip, 13 (2012):714-721.
- Hou, H W, M E Warkiani, B L Khoo, Z R Li, R A Soo, D S W Tan, W T Lim, J Y Han, A A S Bhagat, C T Lim, Isolation and retrieval of circulating tumor cells using centrifugal forces, Scientific Reports, 3 (2013):1259.
- Tang, L A L, J Wang, T K Lim, X Bi, W C Lee, Q Lin, Y-T Chang, C T Lim*, K P Loh*, High Performance Graphene-Titania Platform for Detection of Phosphopeptides in Cancer Cells, Anal Chem, 7, 84 (2012):6693-700.
- Vedula, S R K, M C Leong, T L Lai, P Hersen, A J Kabla, C T Lim*, B Ladoux*, Emerging modes of collective cell migration induced by geometrical constraints, PNAS, 109, 32 (2012):12974-12979.
- Wang, Y, C L Wong, K K Manga, P K Ang, J Lu, Y P Liu, C T Lim*, K P Loh*, Fluorinated Graphene for Promoting Neuro-Induction of Stem Cells, Advanced Materials, 31 (2012):4285-4290. (selected for frontispiece)
- Tang, L A L, W C Lee, H Shi, E Y L Wong, C T Lim*, K P Loh*, Highly Wrinkled Graphene Oxide Membrane Assembled on Water-Air interface for Spontaneous Stem Cell Differentiation & Supercapacitor Applications, Small, 8, 3 (2012): 423-431.
- Lee, W C, C H Y X Lim, H Shi, L A L Tang, Y Wang, C T Lim*, K P Loh*, The origin of enhanced stem cell growth and differentiation on graphene and graphene oxide, ACS Nano, 5, 9 (2011): 7334–7341.
- Hou, H W, W C Lee, M C Leong, S Soman, S R K Vedula, C T Lim, Microfluidics for Applications in Cell Mechanics and Mechanobiology, Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, 4, 4 (2011): 591-602.
- Hou, H W, A A S Bhagat, W C Lee, S Huang, J Y Han, C T Lim, Microfluidic Devices for Blood Fractionation, Micromachines, 2 (2011):319-343.
- Bhagat, A A S, H W Hou, L D Li, C T Lim*, J Han*, Pinched flow coupled shear modulated inertial microfluidics with application towards high throughput circulating tumor cell separation, Special Issue, Lab-on-a-Chip, 11 (2011): 1870-1878.
- Lee, W C, A A S Bhagat, H Sha, K J Van Vliet, J Han, C T Lim, High-throughput cell cycle synchronization using inertial forces in spiral microchannels, Lab on a Chip, 11, 7 (2011): 1359 - 1367.
- Ang, P, A Li, M Jaiswal, Y Wang, H W Hou, J Thong, C T Lim*, K P Loh*, Flow Sensing of Single Cell by Graphene Transistor in a Microfluidic Channel, Nano Letters, 11, 12 (2011):5240-6.
- Tan, S J, R L Lakshmi, P F Chen, W T Lim, L Yobas, C T Lim, Versatile label free biochip for the detection of circulating tumor cells from peripheral blood in cancer patients, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 26 (2010):1701–1705.
- Probing mechano-transduction by cell-cell junctions at the nano- and micro-scales; 3 yrs; Human Frontier Science Program
- Microfluidic Biochip for cancer diagnosis; 1 yr; NRF – Proof of Concept
- Cancer Biochips for trapping, enumerating and retrieving of CTCs from Cancer Patients; 3 yrs; Clearbridge Biomedics Pte Ltd
- Clinical Validation of microfluidic device for isolation and molecular characterization of circulating tumor cells (CTCs); 3 yrs; NMRC
- A comprehensive evaluation of CTCs as a predictive marker of therapeutic response in renal cell carcinoma; 3 yr; NMRC