Chatter by the Charles Toastmasters encourages all members
to help one another learn and grow, and to take advantage of what other
members have to offer. To that end, we have developed a voluntary, informal
mentoring program that helps facilitate connections among members. Here's
how it works:
- Each week, two mentoring sign up sheets are made available - one
for individuals seeking help with a specific task or skill, and the
other for individuals who have support or skills to offer. Any member
may sign up on one or both sheets. Members may also submit their requests
online, using the In Search of Mentoring
and Available to Mentor forms.
- Members are encouraged to scan both sign up sheets regularly. When
you see someone on either list that you would like to work with, make
- Discuss your needs and interests with the other person. If both of
you agree that yours would be a suitable match, cross out the initial
sign-up sheet request.
- Mentoring relationships should only last as long as they are useful.
This could be anywhere from a single meeting to several months. Pay
attention to the relationship so you will know when it is time to move
on and try something new.
- In general, there is no third-party involvement in these relationships.
However, the VP Education and other club officers are available to assist
if problems, concerns or questions arise.
Questions about the program? Contact your VP