CDs may be obtained in person from Chorale members, or from the MIT Women's League Office, 10-342. $15 cash or checks made payable to "MIT Women's Chorale." Exact change is helpful when paying by cash. (The Chorale regrets that it itself is unable to process mail orders.)
CDs may be ordered online from our principal online retailer, CD Baby. CDs are $11.99 plus $3.49 shipping (multiple disc orders get a shipping price break).
PLEASE NOTE--If you prefer a CD to a download but CDs are out of stock, PLEASE order your CD anyway: it is YOUR order that prompts restocking!
Also available from CD Baby: $0.99 per track, $8.99 for all 10 tracks.
Other online retailers:
At various times starting near the end of October or beginning of November 2012, many other online music retailers will be selling our CD and downloads--Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, etc. Pricing may be slightly different from these other retailers.
Please note: buying the CD or downloads from CD Baby earns the Chorale a little more income than does a purchase from one of the other retailers. Proceeds will be used by the Chorale for the purchase of new music.
This recording features:
- A lovely mass by composer now nearly forgotten, but who was a respected member of the Paris music scene in the early 20th century. (Charles-René twice placed second to Debussy in a prestigious composition competition).
- Sacred motets by Gabriel Fauré (Maria Mater gratiae) and César Franck (Alleluia, arranged by our own Kevin Galié).
- Organ solos by Gabriel Pierné wonderfully played by our conductor, Kevin Galié.
- The fine acoustics and historic organ of United Parish Church, Brookline (formerly Harvard Congregational, where this Aeolian-Skinner organ was played by the famous E. Power Biggs).
- The lovely accompaniment of Susan DeSelms, organist at United Parish.
- The beautiful solo voices of soprano Anna Ward and mezzo-soprano Stephanie Scarcella, who each have active singing careers in New England.
- And of course, the enthusiastic voices of the MIT Women's Chorale. We are about to celebrate our 80th anniversary!
An expanded version of the CD liner notes is here.