Change of Address

When you move to a new address, you are required by immigration regulations to report this address to SEVIS within 10 days. This fulfills the previous requirement of submitting an AR-11 form within 10 days.

How to Update your Address

While you are an enrolled student

You should update your own address on WEBSIS ( You will need a personal certificate to access this page. The instructions for getting a personal certificate can be found by searching "personal certificate" on MIT's main website ( You will be able to view most of your MIT student data (including finances and registration data) on WEBSIS.

You should update the “SEVIS US Address” and the “SEVIS International Address”. Both fields need to be complete. When you update your address on WEBSIS, the data will be automatically uploaded to SEVIS.

We at the ISO do not have the authorization to change your address on WEBSIS. If you have any additional questions, please contact our office.

While you are enrolled at MIT and studying abroad

During this time, you are still required to report your new address to SEVIS. Please read the section above for enrolled students. If you do not have a temporary or permanent US address, because you are spending your semester abroad, please use MIT’s official address as your US address.

MIT’s official address:
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139

While you’re on F-1 Optional Practical Training or J-1 Academic Training

You may inform the ISO by updating your address on WEBSIS ( If you no longer have access to WEBSIS, send an email to with your new address. Failure to report an address change could result in loss of your Optional Practical Training authorization and, possibly, loss of your legal status in the United States.

Top of Page