The Contemporary Chinese Writers Project gratefully acknowledges Senior Associate Dean Alan White from the MIT Sloan School of Management for his generous donation to fund the Can Xue site. Dean White's longtime commitment to China and Chinese culture is well known, and the project could not have started without him.
Any website is a product of a team that shepherds the project along from conception through design and development. The team for the Can Xue site includes the following individuals:
- Min-Min Liang, Lecturer, MIT Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Jonathan Griffith, MIT-SUTD Collaboration, MIT
- Emma Teng, T. T. and Wei Fong Chao Professor of Asian Civilizations, Associate Professor of Chinese Studies, MIT Foreign Languages and Literatures Department
- Charles Bent, SYP Design & Production
- Maryann Czerepak, MIT Publishing Services Bureau
- Kathleen Forsythe, Forsythe Design
- Victor Park, MIT Publishing Services Bureau
- Jeffrey Pearlin, MIT Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Nancy Warrington, site editor and proofreader
Warm gratitude goes to Emma Teng for finding a home for the project.
For their wonderful written appreciations of the work of Can Xue, special thanks also go to Bradford Morrow, Professor of Literature, Bard Center Fellow at Bard College, and founding editor of Conjunctions; Kondo Naoko, Can Xue’s Japanese translator; and Chinese literature scholar Jon Solomon.
Finally, the project gratefully acknowledges the enthusiastic support of Deng Xiaohua (Can Xue) and her husband, Lu Yong, for providing the information and many photos that make the site what it is.