Taking MITIR to the next level
Two years ago we envisioned a journal that would mobilize the world’s best ideas in the debate on global challenges and their solutions. Since then we have received tremendous support for this cause, validating our belief that we can make headway in addressing those challenges by providing a platform for fresh and thoughtful problem-solving efforts.
With this vote of confidence, we are excited to take MITIR to the next level. To that end, we are
- Revising our business model by introducing a monthly publication cycle
- Accelerating the pace of debate by focusing on pressing challenges
- Building a sustainable organization by recruiting exceptional talent
MITIR will be instituting a monthly publication cycle. Articles will now be posted on our website once a month, and a selection of them will be included in our annual print edition.
Please refer to our upcoming publication deadlines:
- May issue: April 20
- June issue: May 18
- July issue: June 15
- August issue: July 20
- September issue: August 17
- October issue: September 21
- November issue: October 19
- December issue: November 16
The global economic crisis demands fresh and creative problem-solving. What can international institutions, governments, businesses, and individuals do to move the global economy forward again? Where should these players focus their attention? What steps should they take?
For the next two months we will be spotlighting submissions that tackle these questions. We invite individuals of all backgrounds to contribute to a rigorous debate. Whether you send us an essay, analysis, policy proposal, case study, or photo journal, be sure to focus on explaining problems and identifying solutions.
The deadline for the next publication cycle is April 20.
MITIR is devoted to cultivating ideas and cultivating people.
Cultivating ideas: We identify, enhance, and spotlight cutting-edge work on global challenges and their solutions. We apply a highly critical perspective in evaluating the thoughtfulness and rigor of submissions.
Cultivating people: We are committed to training editors, thinkers, and doers to become tomorrow’s problem solvers, policy makers, and social entrepreneurs.
In this spirit, we seek 4 undergraduate students, graduate students, or college graduates to join us as Senior Associate Editors. As an editor, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the journal’s strategic planning, recruit and edit submissions, and pursue your own initiatives
- all within a flexible, entrepreneurial, impact-driven environment.
We will accept applications on a rolling basis, with a final deadline of April 20.
Ideal candidates will
- Demonstrate a passion for solving global challenges
- Contribute significantly in a team environment
- Possess superb time management and written communication skills
- Have a track record of executing new initiatives and projects
- Possess academic and / or work experience in a policy-, economics-, or social studies-related field
- Possess first-rate academic credentials
- Be willing to commit 3-5 hours a week
All candidates must submit the following:
- Contact information
- Letter of interest of no more than 500 words
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- SAT II Writing scores or equivalent
- Two published writing samples
Candidates who are invited for an interview will be asked to submit two letters of recommendation, one from a peer, and one from a professor or supervisor.