Article I : Purpose
The purpose of the QWiLLTS group is to provide a discussion and a
social group for lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, queer, questioning and
supportive women students at MIT.
Article II : Membership
1. Any member of the MIT community is eligible to become a
member of this organization. One is considered a member of this organization
in any given academic term if she has attended at least one club activity
and one meeting in the preceding or current term.
2. The membership of this organization will at all times contain
at least 5 MIT students and be more than half MIT students.
3. This organization will not discriminate based on any characteristic
listed in MIT's Nondiscrimination Statement.
4. If this organization charges any monetary dues, there will
be exceptions made for students that cannot afford these dues.
Article III : Officers
1. This organization will have two officers:
1. The president shall be the official representative
of the group to any other organization and to MIT.
2. The president is responsible for determining,
or delegating to a member who will determine, when meetings are, publicizing
this to the group, and facilitating the meetings.
1. The treasurer shall be responsible for the finances
of the group.
2. The treasurer shall designate one or more financial
3. The treasurer, or one of the authorized signatories,
is required to sign checks/vouchers of
2. All officers of this organization must be distinct persons
and MIT students.
# Elections of officers
shall occur in May of each year.
# Any member of this
organization is eligible to run for office.
# Quorum for elections
is two thirds of the group.
# Any member is elected
if he or she wins a majority of the voting members.
# If more than two
people are running and no one wins a majority, then the person with the fewest
votes is dropped from the ballot and votes are recast.
# The term of office
runs from May, prior to given school year, till until May at the end of the
current school year.
4. Removal : Officers may be removed by a two-thirds vote of
Article IV : Meetings
1. Meetings shall be held at least every month.
2. Meetings shall be presided over by the president, unless
she is absent, and in that case the other officer, or appointed person, shall
3. All decisions shall be made by a majority vote of all members
4. Quorum for a meeting shall be one quarter of the members
of the organization.
Article V : Amendments
1. Amendments shall be presented by any member of the organization.
2. Amendments shall be passed by a two-thirds voted of the
3. Quorum for amending this constitution shall be one third
of all members of the organization.
Article VI : ASA God Clause
The QWiLLTS group agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the Association
of Student Activities, and its executive board. This constitution, amendments
to it, and the by-laws of this organization shall be subject to review by
the ASA Executive Board to insure that they are in accordance with the aforementioned
rules and regulations.