See also CUT,
Copies the contents of the paste buffer to a drawing.
Center button mirrors the copy.
Right button rotates the copy.
Using the commands GROUP, CUT, and PASTE, parts of a drawing/library
can be copied to the same or different drawings/libraries. When using
the PASTE command, the following points should be observed:
If there are modified versions of devices or packages in the paste buffer,
an automatic library update will be started to replace
the objects in the schematic or board with the ones from the paste buffer.
Note: You should always run a Design Rule Check (DRC) and an
Electrical Rule Check (ERC) after a library update has been performed!
- CUT/PASTE cannot be used in device editing mode.
- Elements and signals on a board can only be copied to a board.
- Elements, buses and nets on a schematic can only be copied to a schematic.
- Pads and smds can only be copied from package to package.
- Pins can only be copied from symbol to symbol.
- When copying elements, signals, pads, smds and pins, a new name is
allocated if the previous name is already used in the new drawing.
- Buses retain the same names.
- Nets retain the same name as long as one of the net segments
has a label. If no label is present, a new name is generated if the previous
name is already in use.
Copyright © 2005 CadSoft Computer GmbH