A good book can make its reader see places that never existed, feel things without texture, and think of ideas that are as fragile as a whisper in a cold wind.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (03/11)
Bubble gum book.
- Embracing Defeat by John Dower
Outstanding book. Really well written and it does justice to the content, while at the same time showing the larger scale of WWII in Japan. I had the pleasure of taking a class with Prof. Dower and it was definetly a memorable experience.
- The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. Hall
Very dense book that unifies the concept of religions, gods, mythology, and icons.
Engineering Books Currently Reading:
- Precision Machine Design by Alex H. Slocum
An engineering book that provides insight into the design process of prercision machines.
- Fundamentals of Applied Dynamics by James H. Williams Jr.
An engineering book that covers dynamics systems, with an in depth introduction into the origin of the field..
- Art of War by Sun Tzu (04/11)
- La Conspiracion by Dan Brown (06/09)
Bubble gum book.
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (06/09)
A book about burning books and erasing past knowledge.
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (05/09)
Fun book. The life of a gifted child in military school and the challenges he faces.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (04/09)
An eye opening view into Afghanistan: country, people, and culture.
- Journey To The Center Of The Earth by Jules Verne (07/08)
A classic work of literature. Entertaining.
- Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (02/08)
I really appreciate the insight that it provides into a culture other than my own.
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison (08/07)
Definetly worth reading to get a different perspective on racial issues. A little bitter but good non the less.
- Gates of Hades by Gregg Loomis (10/07)
Similar to Dan Brown's style of writing. Offers a good pastime.
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster (07/07)
More than just a childrens book. It offers a great insight into human nature, desires, and disputes.