To use the electronic version of The Mayfield Handbook of Technical & Scientific
Writing for the Macintosh, you need the following:
- The master software disks (CD-ROM disk or two 3.5" floppy disks).
- A Macintosh 68020 (or better) or Power Macintosh with one floppy disk drive (or
CD-ROM drive) and a hard disk drive.
- Macintosh system software version 7.1 or later, with AppleScript 1.1 (or later)
installed. (NOTE: AppleScript is automatically installed with systems 7.5 and
- Sufficient random access memory (RAM) to run your word processor and browser at the same time. The exact amount of
required RAM will vary in different word processor and browser configurations. If
you do not have sufficient RAM, when you try to open your browser and word
processor, you may get a memory error message from your operating system.
- At least 1.0 megabyte of hard disk space (4.0 megabytes if all the
Handbook files are to be stored on the hard disk).
- A Macintosh mouse or compatible pointing device.
- CD-ROM drive (required if installing from a CD-ROM disk).
[ Home | Table of Contents
| Writing Timeline | Index |
Help | Credits]