To use the electronic version of The Mayfield Handbook of Technical & Scientific
Writing for Windows, you need the following:
- The master software disks (CD-ROM disk or three 3.5" floppy disks).
- A standard IBM 386 or better (or 100% IBM-compatible) computer with one floppy
disk drive and a hard disk drive (CD-ROM drive optional).
- VGA or higher resolution monitor.
- A graphics card compatible with Microsoft Windows 3.1 or later.
- Sufficient random access memory (RAM) to run your word processor and browser at the same time. The exact amount of
required RAM will vary in different word processor and browser configurations. If
you do not have sufficient RAM, when you try to open your browser and word
processor, you may get a memory error message from your operating system.
- At least 1.0 megabyte of hard disk space (4.0 megabytes if all the
Handbook files are to be stored on the hard disk).
- One of the following operating systems:
- A Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device.
- CD-ROM drive (optional).
[ Home | Table of Contents
| Writing Timeline | Index |
Help | Credits]