The Catholic University of America is located on 620 Michigan Ave in the North East
section of the District of Columbia. The university can we reached via:
The university has its own metro stop off the red line at Brookland/CUA.
All recommended hotels provide shuttle service to a nearby metro station.
Metro is likely the easiest way to get to campus once you are in DC.
From the South, I-95: When I-95 intersects the Capital Beltway in Springfield, VA,
follow I-395 North. After crossing the Potomac River take the "Route 1 North" exit.
The road becomes 14th Street NW. Turn right on Constitution Avenue. Turn left on 6th Street NW.
Turn right on E Street, NW. Turn left on North Capitol Street. Drive approximately 2 miles
and turn right on Michigan Avenue, NE. You will son see the dome of the Basilica on
your left marking a university entrance at 4th Street, NE.
From the North, I-95 to I-495: Follow I-95/I-495 South to exit 22B,
the Baltimore/Washington Parkway. Continue traveling south on the Parkway and
exit at Route 50 West. Take the South Dakota Avenue exit. After approximately 1.3 miles,
turn left onto Monroe Street. Monroe Street ends at Michigan Avenue, NE. Bear left and
you will see the dome of the Basilica on your right marking a university entrance at 4th Street, NE.
From Amtrak at Union Station: Metro (recommended): take a red line train (direction of Glenmont)
three stops to the Brookland/CUA station. Exit to the left when leaving the station.
Taxi: cab fare from Union Station to CUA is approximately $9. CUA's street address is 620 Michigan Ave, NE.
Baltimore/Washington International (BWI):
- Visitors to CUA arriving at BWI on a weekday can take the MARC train to Washington's
Union Station. From there board the Metro's Red line in the direction of Glenmont,
and take the Brookland/CUA stop. Travel time is about 70 minutes.
- The Super Shuttle is another way to get to CUA from BWI. The travel time with the shuttle
is about 45 minutes. Prices vary, but the average price for a trip to CUA is $31 for
the 1st person and $11 for each additional person.
- Taxis from BWI to CUA are about $55 with a travel time of about 45 minutes.
Dulles International (IAD):
- Washington Flyer is an affordable way to travel from Dulles to Washington.
Leaving every thirty minutes Washington Flyer takes visitors to the West
Falls Church Metro Station connecting them to Metrorail. Continue with the Metro to
Brookland/CUA on the Red line. The trip from Dulles to CUA via Washington Flyer is
approximately 70 minutes and $11.50 per person plus metro fare.
- The Super Shuttle is also available from Dulles. The travel time is about one hour.
The average price for a trip to CUA is $33 for the 1st person and $11 for each
- Taxis are also available. Travel time is 50 minutes and one way fare will be around $50.
Reagan National Airport (DCA)
- Ronald Reagan National Airport is the closest airport to CUA.
Upon arrival visitors can take a taxi, Metrorail or rental car to reach the campus.
- Metro is the fastest and easiest way to reach campus. Traveleers take Metro's Yellow Line
to Gallery Place-Chinatown and transfer to the Red line, in the direction of Glenmont,
and arrive at the Brookland/CUA metro stop. The travel time on metro is about 30 minutes.
- Taxis from National Airport to CUA are about $18 each way with an approximate travel time of 20 minutes.
Parking is available in the University Parking garage and in metered parking areas,
as shown on the campus map.