[Kerberos for Macintosh] [Applications] [Miscellaneous Documentation]
|Kerberos for Macintosh 4.0 Release Notes|
Kerberos for Macintosh 4.0 is a major release of Kerberos for Macintosh which expands and improves native support for Mac OS X as well as including the new UI elements for Classic Mac OS introduced in KfM 3.5.Requirements:
Mac OS X components require Mac OS X 10.1.2 or later.
Classic Mac OS components require a PowerPC Macintosh running Mac OS 8.1 or later.
New Features in Kerberos for Macintosh 4.0
Kerberos Control Panel
- Mach-O version for use under Mac OS X
- Mac OS X: dock icon indicates ticket status and remaining lifetime
- Mac OS X: pop-up menu from dock icon provides convenient acquisition, deletion and renewal of tickets, and allows easy switching between active users
Mac OS X
- Native implementation of KfM Kerberos libraries provided as a framework
- Limited support for legacy Unix applications via /usr/lib
- CFM bridge libraries provide support to Carbon CFM applications
- Support for Kerberos during remote connections
- Mach-O Kerberos control panel with dynamic dock icon and pop-up menu for common Kerberos functions
- KfM under Classic now shares its ticket cache with the OS X ticket cache
Changes since Kerberos for Macintosh 4.0fc1
- Mac OS X: Fixed UID security hole where other users could see your tickets if they SSH into your Macintosh.
- Mac OS X: Fixed memory leak in CCacheClassicServer.app
- Mac OS X: Removed nonfunctional help button from Kerberos Login dialog
- Mac OS X: Installer now enforces Mac OS X 10.1.2 minimum requirement
- Mac OS X/9: Kerberos Login dialog now returns correct error messages again.
- Mac OS X/9: Classic ticket sharing is disabled when KfM is installed only on the Classic system and not OS X.
- Mac OS X/9: Classic ticket sharing is disabled when the versions of KfM on OS X and the Classic system do not match.
- Mac OS X/9: Fixed various bugs in Classic ticket sharing AE handling
- Mac OS X/9: Kerberos Menu 'Open Kerberos Control Panel' item now enabled under Classic
- Mac OS 8: Now works under Mac OS 8.1 again.
Note: If you built an application that linked against the /usr/lib dylibs in KfM 4.0b2 or earlier, or the ones included with Mac OS X 10.1, you will need to re-link your application to work with the KfM 4.0 dylibs.
- Getting Kerberos for Macintosh 4.0
- Kerberos for Macintosh Documentation - information on using the KfM components and their features.
- Mac OS X Installation Instructions
- Kerberos on Mac OS X FAQ
- Known Bugs - known bugs for each KfM release
- Kerberos.framework Documentation - important information if you plan to develop against the libraries on Mac OS X
Questions or comments? Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on $Date: 2003/11/18 22:03:52 $
Last modified by $Author: smcguire $