Oct 6th: Ice Cream SocialJoin us on Tuesday, Oct 6th at 8:00PM in the basement of McCormick Hall for a "Make Your Own Ice Cream Sundae Party!" We'll also be using the slick hardwood floors to teach you some basic figure skating turns and spins. Bring your socks!
Oct 14th: Ice Rink Reopens
Johnson Ice Rink is currently closed for the season, but is scheduled to reopen on Oct. 14th! The date is subject to change so check back later for further updates.
Our club provides an enjoyable, sociable, supportive, and safe environment for figure skaters of all levels. Beginners are always welcome! Membership is open to all members of the MIT community.
The Club offers:
- Ice time for freestyle, ice dance, moves-in-the-field, pairs, and synchronized skating
- Weekly groups lessons for members
- Figure Skating (Freestyle) and Basic Skills
- Ice Dancing
- Edge Class/Synchronized Skating
- Private Instruction
- Annual skating show
- Intercollegiate Competitions
- Social events open to the MIT community
The MIT rink is located in the Johnson Athletic Center.
***Please note that only club members are allowed to practice during MIT Figure Skating Club practice sessions. However, you are always welcome to come, watch and see if you would like to join the club.