The MIT FSC offers group lessons in freestyle and ice dance and can help people find a private coach. MIT FSC classes cannot count for PE credit. However, DAPER offers some PE classes.
The level of the course indicates that elements on these tests and similar elements will be covered in these classes. The times are from the 2015-2016 season, NOT the 2016-2017 times. Times for the upcoming season will be posted in October.
- Beginner Class:
- Saturday 10:00am - 10:45am; Trish
* If you have never skated before - plan for at least 15 minutes to rent your skates and learn how to lace them so you can skate safely and without pain. Wear thin socks. Athletic socks are too heavy.
- Basic Skills Adult 1-2:
- Saturday 9:30am - 10:00am; Alex
- Basic Skills Adult 3-4:
- Saturday 9:30am - 10:00am; Susan
- Basic Skills Freestyle and USFS PrePreliminary:
- Saturday 9:30am - 10:00am; Esther
- USFS Preliminary - PreJuvenile:
- Saturday 9:30am - 10:00am; Kristin
- Advanced Freestyle:
- Sunday 12:00pm - 12:30pm; Liz
- Beginning Dance:
- Saturday 10:15am - 10:45am; Alex
- Basic Skills Dance 1-6:
- Saturday 10:15am - 10:45am; Susan
- USFS PreBronze-Bronze Dance:
- Saturday 10:15am - 10:45am; Esther
- USFS Silver-Gold Dance:
- Sunday 10:30am - 11:00am; Libby
Moves in the Field
- Moves in the Field:
- Sunday 12:00pm - 12:30pm; Bonny
- Theater on Ice:
- Sunday 11:15am - 12:00pm; Aubrey
- Opening number practice:
- Saturday 11:15am - 12:00pm; Diane, Trish
These coaches currently offer private lessons.
If you are a private coach interested in giving lessons, please email us at email@example.com.
While skating with the MIT FSC unfortunately does not count for PE credit, there are basic PE skating classes taught by the Athletics Department in the 2nd quarter, IAP, and 3rd quarter. There is also a figure skating class (prerequisite is the basic skating PE class) offered during IAP. Check the MIT Department of Athletics website for more details.