So Lab - BEAM Bioinstrumentation Engineering Analysis and Microscopy
|So Lab Documents|
|Papers in Refereed Journals|
67. Previte, M., Bahlmann, K., So, P. T. C., "Imaging Multiple Photon Fluorescence Microscopy", Encyclopedia of Modern Optics, Ref. 714, Elsevier: Academic Press, ISBN: 0-12-227600-0 (2004)
66. So, P. T. C., Ragan, T., Bahlmann, K., Huang, H., Lee, R. T., "High Throughput Two-Photon Tissue Image Cytometry," Ann. Rev. of Fluorescence, in Press.
65. So, P. T. C., "Fluorescence Spectrophotometry", Encyclopedia of Life Sciences, In Press.
64. So, P. T. C., "Two-photon Fluorescence Light Microscopy," Encyclopedia of Life Sciences, in Press.
63. Shin, J. H., Mahadevan, L., So, P. T., Matsudaira, P., "Bending Stiffness of a Crystalline Actin Bundle," J Mol Biol., 337, 255-61 (2004)
62. Ragan, T., Kim, K. H., Bahlmann, K., So, P. T. C., "Two-Photon Tissue Cytometry," Methods in Cell Biology, in Press
61. Masters B, So PTC, Buehler C, Barry N, Sutin JD, Mantulin WW, Gratton E. "Mitigating thermal mechanical damage potential during two-photon dermal imaging", J. Biomed. Optics, 9(6): 1265-1270 (2004)
60. Laiho LH, Pelet S, Hancewicz TM, Kaplan PD, So PTC. "Two-photon 3-D mapping of tissue endogenous fluorescence species based on fluorescence emission spectra", J. Biomed. Optics (in press).
59. Pelet S, Previte MJR, Laiho LH, So PTC. "A fast global fitting algorithm for fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy based on image segmentation", Biophysical Journal, 87(4): 2807-2817 (2004)
58. Navarro FA, So PTC, Nirmalan R, Kropf N, Sakaguchi F, Park CS, Lee HB, Orgill DP. "Two-photon confocal microscopy: A nondestructive method for studying wound healing", Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 114 (1): 121-128 (2004)
57. Yazdanfar S, Laiho LH, So PTC. "Interferometric second harmonic generation microscopy", Optics Express, 12 (12): 2739-2745 (2004)
56. Huang H, Sylvan JD, Jonas M, Barresi R, So PT, Campbell KP, Lee RT. "Cell Stiffness and Receptors: Evidence for Cytoskeletal Subnetworks", Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. in press (2004)
55. Tschumperlin D.J., Dai G., Maly I.V., Kikuchi T., Laiho L.H., McVittie A.K., Haley K.J., Lilly C.M., So P.T.C., Lauffenburger D.A., Kamm R.D., Drazen J.M. "Mechanotransduction through growth-factor shedding into the extracellular space", Nature, 429 (6987): 83-86 (2004)
54. Dong C.Y., Yu B., Kaplan P.D., So P.T.C. "Performances of high numerical aperture water and oil immersion objective in deep-tissue, multi-photon microscopic imaging of excised human skin", Microsc Res Techniq, 63 (1): 81-86 (2004)
53. Masters B.R., So P.T.C. "Antecedents of two-photon excitation laser scanning microscopy", Microsc Res Techniq, 63 (1): 3-11 (2004)
52. Yu B., Kim K.H., So P.T.C., Blankschtein D., Langer R. "Visualization of oleic acid-induced transdermal diffusion pathways using two-photon fluorescence microscopy", J Invest Dermatol, 120 (3): 448-455 (2003)
51. Ragan T.M., Huang H., So P.T.C. "In vivo and ex vivo tissue applications of two-photon microscopy", Method Enzymol, 361: 481-505 (2003)
Dong C.Y., Koenig K., So P. "Characterizing point
spread functions of two-photon fluorescence microscopy
49. Yu B., Kim K.H., So P.T.C., Blankschtein D., Langer R. "Evaluation of fluorescent probe surface intensities as an indicator of transdermal permeant distributions using wide-area two-photon fluorescence microscopy:, J Pharm Sci-US, 92 (12): 2354-2365 (2003)
48. Yu B, Kim KH, So PTC, Blankschtein D, Langer R. "Topographic heterogeneity in transdermal transport revealed by high-speed two-photon microscopy: Determination of representative skin sample sizes", J. Invest. Dermatol., 118(6): 1085-1088 (2002)
47. So, P.T.C., Dong C.Y. "Fluorescence Spectrophotometry", Encyclopedia of Life Sciences (2002)
46. So, P.T.C., "Two-photon Fluorescence Light Microscopy," Encyclopedia of Life Sciences (2002)
45. Huang, H., Dong, C. Y., Kwon, H. S., Sutin, J. D., Kamm, R. D., So, P. T. C., "Three-Dimensional Cellular Deformation Analysis with a Two-Photon Magnetic Manipulator Workstation," Biophys J, 82,2211-2223(2002).
44. Yu B., Dong C. Y., So P. T. C., Blankschtein D., Langer R., "In vitro visualization and quantification of oleic acid induced changes in transdermal transport using two-photon fluorescence microscopy," J Invest Dermatol, 117,16-25(2001).
43. So, P. T. C., Kwon, H. S., Dong, C. Y., "Resolution enhancement in standing-wave total internal reflection microscopy: a point-spread-function engineering approach," J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis, 18,2833-45(2001).
42. Napadow, V. J., Chen, Q., Mai, V., So, P. T. C., Gilbert, R. J., "Quantitative analysis of three-dimensional-resolved fiber architecture in heterogeneous skeletal muscle tissue using nmr and optical imaging methods," Biophys J, 80,2968-75(2001).
41. Masters, B.R., and So, P.T.C., "Confocal Microscopy and Two-Photon Excitation Microscopy of Human Skin In Vivo," Opt. Exp., 8, 2-10 (2001).
40. Huang, H., Kamm, R. D., So, P. T. C., Lee, R. T., "Receptor-based differences in human aortic smooth muscle cell membrane stiffness," Hypertension, 38,1158-61(2001).
39. Dong, C. Y., Buehler, C., So, T. C., French, T., Gratton, E., "Implementation of intensity-modulated laser diodes in time-resolved, pump-probe fluorescence microscopy," Applied Optics, 40,1109-1115(2001).
38. So, P.T.C., "Two-Photon Fluorescence Microscopy: A New Tool for Tissue Imaging and Spectroscopy," Histotechnology, 23, 221-228 (2000).
37. So, P.T.C., Dong, C.Y., Masters, B.R., and Berland, K.M., "Two-Photon Excitation Fluorescence Microscopy," Ann. Rev. Biomedical Eng., 2, 399-429 (2000).
36. Gilbert, R.J., Hoffman, M., So, P.T.C., "Imaging of three-dimensional epithelial architecture and function in cultured CaCo2a monolayers with two-photon excitation microscopy," Micro. Res. Tech., 51, 204-210 (2000).
35. Frolov, A., Petrescu, A., Atshaves, B.P., So, P.T.C., Gratton, E., Serrero, G., and Schroeder, F., "High density lipoprotein-mediated cholesterol uptake and targeting to lipid droplets in intact L-cell fibroblasts. A single- and multiphoton fluorescence approach," J. Biol. Chem., 275, 12769-12780 (2000).
34. Buehler, C., Dong, C.Y., So, P.T.C., and Gratton, E., "Time-resolved polarization imaging by pump-probe (stimulated emission) fluorescence microscopy," Biophys. J., 79, 536-549 (2000).
33. Cragg, G. and So, P.T.C., "Lateral resolution enhancement with standing evanescent waves", Opt. Lett., 25, 46-48 (2000).
32. Riegler, M., Castagliuolo, I., So, P.T.C., Lotz, M., Wang, C., Wlk, M., Sogukoglu, T., Cosentini, E., Bischof, G., Hamilton, G., Teleky, B., Wenzl, E., Matthews, J.B., and Pothoulakis, C., "Effect of Substance P on Human Colonic Mucosa In Vitro," American Journal of Physiology: Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology, 276, G1473-83, (1999).
31. Masters, B.R., So,
P.T.C. and Gratton, E., "Multi-photon Excitation Microscopy and Confocal
Microscopy of Human Skin In Vivo," Comments on Molecular and Cellular
Biophysics, 9, 379-405 (1999).
30. Masters, B.R., So,
P.T.C., Gratton, E., Gonnord, G., Corcuff, P., "Microscopy of Human
Skin In Vivo: Multi-photon Excitation Microscopy and Confocal Microscopy,"
Microscopy and Microanalysis, 5, 282-289 (1999).
29. Masters, B.R., So,
P.T.C., Kim, K.H., Buehler, C., and Gratton, E., "Multiphoton excitation
microscopy, confocal microscopy, and spectroscopy of living cells and
tissues; functional metabolic imaging of human skin in vivo," Methods
Enzymol., 307, 513-536 (1999).
28. Kim, K.H., Buehler, C., So, P.T.C., "High Speed Two-photon Scanning Microscopy," Applied Optics, 38, 6004-6009 (1999).
27. Farrer, R.A., Previte, M.J.R., Olson,C.E., Peyser, L.A., Fourkas, J.T., and So, P.T.C., "Single-molecule detection with a two-photon fluorescence microscope with fast-scanning capabilities and polarization sensitivity," Opt. Lett., 24, 1832-1834 (1999).
26. Chen, Y., Muller, J.D., So, P.T.C., Gratton, E., "The Photon Counting Histogram in Fluorescence Fluctuation Spectroscopy," Biophys. J., 77, 553-67 (1999).
25. Buehler, C., Kim, K.H., Masters, B.R., So, P.T.C., Kochevar, I.E., Gratton, E., "Two-photon Deep Tissue Imaging," IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, 18, 23-30 (1999).
24. So, P.T.C., Koenig, K., Berland, K.M., Dong, C.Y., French, T., Buhler, C., Regan, T., and Gratton, E., "New Time-resolved Techniques in Two-photon Microscopy," Cellular and Molecular Biology, 44, 771-73 (1998).
23. So, P.T.C., "Prospects of Nonlinear Microscopy in the Next Decade: An Overview," Optics Express, 3, 312-314 (1998).
22. So, P.T.C., Kim, H., Kochevar, I.E., "Two-photon Deep Tissue Ex Vivo Imaging of Mouse Dermal and Subcutaneous Structures," Optics Express, 3, 339-350 (1998).
21. Masters, B.R., So, P. and Gratton, E., "Optical Biopsy of In Vivo Human Skin: Multi-photon Excitation Microscopy," Lasers in Medical Science, 13, 197-204 (1998).
20. French, T., So, P.T.C., Dong, C.Y., Berland, K.M., and Gratton, E., "Fluorescence lifetime imaging technique for microscopy," Meth.Cell. Biol., 56, 277-304 (1998).
19. Masters, B., So, P.T.C., and Gratton, E., "Three-Dimensional Two-photon Excitation Fluorescence Microscopy and Spectroscopy of In Vivo Human Skin," Biophys J., 72, 2405-2412 (1997).
18. Koenig, K., So, P.T.C, Mantulin, W.W., and Gratton, E., "Cell Damage in Two-photon Femtosecond Microscopes," Applied Optics, 22, 135 (1997).
17. French, T., So, P.T.C., Carrero, J., Weaver, D.J. Jr., Cherukuri, A., Zoelho-Sampaio, T., Gratton, E., and Voss, E., "Macrophage Mediated Processing of An Exogenous Probe: Elucidation of Probe Processing with Two-photon Fluorescence Microscope with Time-resolved and Intensity Imaging," J. Microscopy, 185, 339-353 (1997).
16. Dong, C.Y., So, P.T.C., and Gratton, E., "Spatial Resolution in Pump-probe Microscopy," Optik, 106, 7-14 (1997).
15. Yu, W.M., So, P.T.C., French, T., and Gratton, E., "Fluorescence Polarization of Cell Membrane-A Two-photon Scanning Microscopy Approach," Biophys. J., 70, 626-636 (1996).
14. Koenig, K., So, P.T.C., Mantulin, W.W., Tromberg, B.J. and Gratton, E., "Two-photon Excited Lifetime Imaging of Autofluorescence in Cells During UVA and NIR Photostress," J. Microscopy, 183, 197-204 (1996).
13. Berland, K.M., So,
P.T.C., Chen, Y., Mantulin, W.W. and Gratton, E., "Scanning Two-photon
Fluctuation Correlation Spectroscopy: Particle Counting Measurement for
Detection of Molecular Aggregation," Biophysical J., 71, 410-420
12. Berberan-Santos, M.N.,
Canceill, J., Gratton, E., Jullien, L., So, P.T.C., Sutin, J., and Valeur
B., "Multichromophoric Cyclodextrins. 3. Investigation of Dynamics
of Energy Hopping by Frequency-Domain Fluorometry," J. Phys. Chem.,
100, 15-20 (1996).
11. So, P.T.C., French, T., Yu, W., Berland, K.M., Dong, C.Y., and Gratton E., "Time-resolved Fluorescence Microscopy Using Two-photon Excitation," Bioimaging, 3, 49-63 (1995).
10. Fishkin, J.B., So,
P.T.C., Cerussi, A.E., Fantini, S., Franceschini, M.A., and Gratton, E.,
"A Frequency-domain Method for Measuring Spectra Properties in Multiple
Scattering Media: Methemoglobin Absorption Spectrum in a Tissue-like Phantom,"
Applied Optics, 34 (7), 1143-1155 (1995).
9. Dong, C.Y., So, P.T.C., French, T., and Gratton, E., "Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging by Asynchronous Pump-probe Microscopy: Application to Cellular Systems," Biophys. J. 69, 2234-2242 (1995).
8. Berland, K.M., So, P.T.C., and Gratton, E., "Two-photon Fluorescence Spectroscopy: Method and Application to the Intracellular Environment," Biophys. J. 68, 694-701 (1995).
7. Osterberg, F., Kriechbaum, U., Polcyn, A., Skita, V., Tate, M.W., So, P.T.C., Gruner S.M., and Shyamsunder, E., "Pressure Induced Hydration Dynamics of Membranes," Physics Review Letter, 72, 2967-2970 (1994).
6. So, P.T.C., Gruner, S.M., and Shyamsunder, E., "Pressure Induced Topological Phase Transitions in Membranes," Physics Review Letter, 70, 3455-3458 (1993).
5. So, P.T.C., Gruner, S.M., and Shyamsunder, E., "High Pressure Dilatometer," Review of Scientific Instruments, 63, 5426-5431 (1992).
4. So, P.T.C., Gruner, S.M., and Shyamsunder, E., "Automated Pressure and Temperature Control Apparatus for X-ray Powder Diffraction Studies," Review of Scientific Instruments, 63, 1763-1770 (1992).
3. Narayan, O., So, P.T.C., Turner, D.C., Gruner, S.M., Tate, M.W., and Shyamsunder, E., "Volume Constriction of Lipid-water Liquid Crystal Using High Pressure X-ray Diffraction," Physical Review A, 42, 7479-7482 (1990).
2. Shyamsunder, E., Gruner,
S.M., Tate, M.W., Turner, D.C., and So, P.T.C., "Observation of Inverted
Cubic Phase in Hydrated Dioleoylphosphatidylethanolamine," Biochemistry,
27, 2332-2336 (1988).
1. Gruner, S.M., Tate, M.W., Kirk, G.L., So, P.T.C., Turner, D.C., and Keane, D.T., "X-ray Diffraction Study of Polymorphic Behavior of N-Methylated Dioleoylphosphatidylethanolamine," Biochemistry, 27, 2853-2866 (1988).
T. Ragan, K. Bahlmann, K. H. Kim, L. Laiho, H. Huang, P. T. C. So, "Two-Photon 3-D Image Cytometery," pending.
G. Cragg, C.Y. Dong, H.S. Kwon, and P.T.C. So, "Standing Wave Total Internal Reflection Microscopy (SWTIR), US Patent No. 6, 255, 642 , July 3, 2001.
C.Y. Dong, E. Gratton, and P.T.C. So, "Time-Resolved Pump-Probe Fluorescence Microscopy", US Patent No. 5, 814, 820 , Sept. 29, 1998.
|Doctoral Degree Theses|
Lily Hsu, "New Microscopy Techniques for Tissue Engineering - Functional Diagnostic and Substrate Lithographic Modification", 2004.
Huang, "Cellular Responses to Mechanical Stresses Applied via Magnetic
Tsu-Te Judith Su,"Lithographic Regulation of Cellular Migration and Rheology" (Current)
|Master Degree Theses|
Tsu-Te Judith Su, "Lithographic Regulation of Cellular Mechanical Properties", 2004.
Cragg, "Ultra-High Resolution Optical Imaging by Standing Wave Total
Internal Reflection Microscopy", 2000.
Tuck Meng Lui, "Wavelet-Based Multi-Resolution Techniques for Two Dimensional Data Analysis", 1999 (Dept. of Civil Engineering)
|Bachelor Degree Theses|
Tsu-Te Judith Su, "Phloem Transport in Arabidopsis Thaliana Seedlings as a Function of Osmotic Stress", 2002.
Sneha Madhavan, "A Magnetic DNA Twisting Device", 2000.
O. Newburg, "A feasibility Study of Lambda-Exonuclease Step Size
Measurement at the Angstrom Sacle", 2000.
Alankar Chhabra, "Man-Portable, Rocket-Propelled Surveillance Vehicle", 1998.
Chow, "A Monte Carlo Study of Two-photon Point Spread Function in
Turbid Medium", 1997.
[ So Lab - Mission Statement - Research - People - Documents - Facilities - Links - Resources - Sign-up Sheets ]
Comments about this webpage? Email us!