The Spectroscopy Laboratory sponsors many public events throughout the academic year. In addition to frequent special events and celebrations, our main event series include:
- Seminar on Modern Optics and Spectroscopy
- This series of weekly talks held during the fall and spring semesters (known as the MOS Seminar) hosts a broad spectrum of researchers to share their latest work in optics and spectroscopy.
- Lester Wolfe Workshop in Laser Biomedicine
- Held twice a year in late spring and late fall, each Wolfe Workshop focuses on a particular aspect of biomedical optics.
- Richard C. Lord Lecture
- The Lord Lecture is hosted each year in late spring to honor a scientist who has made important contributions to the field of spectroscopy. The scientist is invited to MIT in order to deliver a public lecture on his or her work.
- Dasari Lecture
- Inaugurated in 2007 and held annually in the fall since, the Dasari Lecture invites a prominent scientist associated with the Spectroscopy Laboratory to deliver a public lecture.
- IAP Meeting and Lectures
- Each year during the Institute’s Independent Activities Period (IAP) in January the Spectroscopy Laboratory hosts an all day event featuring talks and presentations by researchers and students from the lab and beyond.
- 2012 Fall Semester Seminar on Modern Optics and Spectroscopy
- 12-1 pm on Tuesdays from September 25 through December 4, in the Greir Room (34-401)