Private Transit Subsidy for Employees
To support employees who use private transit, the Parking and Transportation Office offers partial reimbursement for these travel costs. All eligible MIT employees who use privately operated modes of transportation to get to work may participate. View the list of participating private transit providers.
The maximum private transit benefit is 50% reimbursement of your monthly commuting cost, up to $255.00 per month. In order to receive the subsidy, you must complete the following steps:
- Prior to the 15th of the month following your private transit travel, fill out the Transit/Parking Reimbursement form on Atlas and upload legible digital copies of your receipts.
- Requests for private transit reimbursement received after the 15th of the month following your private transit travel will not be reimbursed.
- Specify which private transit company you use to commute.
- When you have uploaded all of your receipts for the previous month, hit send.
Once you have completed the above steps, our Commuting Specialist will review your request and will contact you with a status update and/or to request additional information.
- The private transit benefit is only available for travel to or from the MIT campus.
- If you participate in an MIT-subsidized monthly MBTA pass program, including the Flex Pass program, you are not eligible to seek reimbursement for private transit travel.
- If the Access MIT chip in your MIT ID is activated, the amount of your private transit benefit is reduced by the value of the Access MIT pass subsidy ($90/month).
- The private transit benefit does not cover rideshare services such as Lyft and Uber.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.