Working with Files
Under the File menu, select
Open.... This pops up the
Open File dialog. Select the layout file you wish to import.
Format for Layout Files
Layout files (*.lay) are readable text files and can contain
as little as a list of desired
singularities or the entire amount of information
(singularities, data points, and streamline starting points.)
A sample file curveball.lay is
It is easy to create your own layout file. The first line
of any PFlow layout file must have the line:
Below is a template for each type of entry into the layout
dipl 0.0 0.0 50.0 180.0
vort 0.0 0.0 -5.0
sorc -5.0 7.0 1.0
free 0.0 1.0
data -4.0 4.0
strm -8.0 -8.0
This list will create the following:
1. A dipole at (0,0) of strength 50.0 and oriented at 180
2. A vortex at (0,0) of strength -5.0.
3. A source/sink at (-5,7) of strength 1.0.
4. A freestream of magnitude 1.0 at an angle of 0 degrees.
5. A data point located at (-4,4).
6. A streamline starting at (-8,8).