Friday, 6 April, 2007 at 20:00
The meeting will hold a no-host dinner Friday evening
at Ristorante Fiore
in Boston's historic North End. This is an excellent restaurant offering
authentic Italian cuisine.
We have arranged a fixed price menu with the restaurant for $60/person and we ask that everyone, who
will attend the dinner, pay, in advance, by cheque or credit card via our secure site.
Instructions for paying for the dinner:
- Enter the number of people attending and click the "Add to Cart" button.
- This will take you to the secure shopping site which will show your order and
ask you to choose a payment option.
- You can edit your request, return to this page, or proceed to checkout.
- At checkout your cheque or credit card information will be collected.
- The next page will ask you to confirm your order and information. If you submit your order
on this last page your credit card will be charged.
- An E-mail receipt will be sent automatically.
Please pay as soon as possible so we can confirm the number we expect with the
restaurant. Also we expect several people will purchase two or more tickets for their companions.
The restaurant is approximately 3 km from MIT suitable for an evening stroll after the day's meetings (see
- Walk east through campus (or along Vassar St or Memorial Dr) to Main St.
- Turn right on Main St. and cross over the Charles River on the Longfellow Bridge (has the salt and pepper shaker
- Continue straight along Cambridge St. passing Massachusetts General Hospital on your left
and Beacon Hill on your right.
- As you get to the top of the hill and just past Sudbury St (on left) or Somerset St (on right)
you'll see Government Center on your left.
- Walk through Government Center Plaza staying somewhat to the left of center.
- Cross Congress St. to Hanover St. and the restaurant is at 250 Hanover St.
- If you hit Sudbury St. after crossing Congress St. you are too far left.
If you hit North St., Union St., or Faneuil Hall and Market you
are too far right.
It is a short walk from the Haymarket stop on the
Green or Orange Lines of the "T" (see subway map).
- Board the Red line in the direction of Braintree at MIT/Kendal.
- Change at either:
- Park (2 stops from MIT) to the Green line in the direction Lechmere, or
- Downtown Crossing (3 stops from MIT) to the Orange line in the direction Oak Grove.
- Haymarket is 2 stops along either of these lines.
- The restaurant is a short walk east at 250 Hanover St.