Infrastructure Business Operations
Joe Higgins, Vice President for Campus Services and Stewardship
A key component of MIT’s campus planning, construction, and operations and sustainability initiatives, Infrastructure Business Operations streamlines and enhances a broad range of vital infrastructure-related processes across the department.
The Applied Technology, Research, and Innovation group includes the Applications & Information Technology Services team, which manages the computing environment for Facilities. This team purchases, installs, and maintains hardware and software; and supports staff across the department by troubleshooting and resolving computing issues.
The Communications and Customer Engagement group offers strategic communications counsel and produces a range of materials to engage and inform MIT students, faculty, and staff, as well as neighboring Cambridge residents, of the programs, services, and work of the Facilities department.
For media questions and requests email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance & Administration
The Finance & Administration group encompasses the areas that create, manage, and support essential behind-the-scenes processes and financial systems for the department, as well as the group that develops and manages MITís commuter services and transportation policies.
- The Business Systems, Reporting, and Analytics team manages the development and maintenance of systems that drive the Departmentís business functions, including coordination of SAP with MITís central IT department. The team also manages business reporting functions.
- Finance, Accounting, and Controls oversees payroll, billing, accounts payable, and budgeting for operations, renovation, and construction programs.
- Billing or Department of Facilities charges: email@example.com
- Department of Facilities payroll: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Project Initiation, Procurement, Contracts, and Vendor Management team oversees the initiation of projects and administers complex project contracts generated in connection with campus construction, renovations, renewals, utilities, and more. The team researches and qualifies outside vendors, oversees and administers service contracts, and facilitates contract negotiations, working closely with MITís Office of General Counsel and the Insurance Office.
- MITís Parking & Transportation Office supports and encourages a variety of commuting options, giving community members the flexibility to choose each day how they would like to travel. The team oversees MITís subsidized parking and public transportation programs, shuttle services, and bike programs, and provides education and resources relating to a range of transportation choices.
Facility Information Systems
The FIS team, which is now part of MITís Office of Campus Planning, provides space accounting, archiving, mapping, and signage support for the Institute. In addition to developing and disseminating MIT maps, floorplans, and space inventories, FIS provides data for MITís online maps and collaborates with departments across the campus on emergency planning and major event logistics.
The Human Resources team (reporting directly to Central HR) advances a vibrant and diverse work community through a range of services, support, and programs. This team is responsible for managing staffing, employee and labor relations, career development, benefits, and more. Request information: email@example.com. Search for Facilities jobs through HR at MIT.